Downgraded

Hi

did you get downgraded in amedical?

P3 means slightly lower physical ability, LE means not FE (fully fit) - FE is forward everywher, LE is lines of Comms everywhere. (nearly fully fit).

does this help ?
Des

If you go onto Armynet the Electronic Library has a copy of the PULHEEMS Manual. There is a table which breaks down the PULHEEMS "code".

One_of_the_strange said:
P3LE is a med cat - there are others. See the handy table buried in the link, just below the RN list.

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200102/cmhansrd/vo020610/text/20610w03.htm

It - and indeed all of the other med cats - can be temporary or permanent depending on what's broken or infected.

P3LE is typically given to someone who's picked up something that requires regular meds or broken something such that it isn't back to the way it was but who can still do the job. The phrase used is "lines of communication" as opposed to "forward" and a doc has to review the med records to check there's nothing in theatre that would aggravate the condition. I suspect it's far more of a career stopper for a 20 year old infantry Pte than a 40 year old AGC WO2.
What he said :) saves me having to type it!

Or in lay mans terms it means, "Biff" or "Knacker" and also no f*cking hope of getting promoted!!!

Not so ,,,,,, promotion is not automatically stuffed. depends on your circumstances (or it certainly was a few years ago as I was P3LE and was promoted twice)

yeah p3 means your a biff no pt or what you can mange depends if its perm or temp aswell if per then you got life biff chit doesnt matta still get poromotd aswell

Right well it has changed a bit since my day, you could pretty much right off an chances of getting promoted if you were P3LE, so not a bad thing for that to change.

jarv5116 you must be P7 in spelling, that is awful, too much time on the old text messaging by the looks.

stan2484 said:
Right well it has changed a bit since my day, you could pretty much right off an chances of getting promoted if you were P3LE, so not a bad thing for that to change.

jarv5116 you must be P7 in spelling, that is awful, too much time on the old text messaging by the looks.
That had to be changed a few years ago along with career courses due to the fact that peoples careers were getting fcuked up, often through no fault of their own.

There seems to be a body of opinion which believes that anyone falling below P2 FE is a "Biff", Flid" "Knacker" etc. A crucial point of note here is that the military do not use these grades to keep people serving out of the kindness of their hearts. They do it to allow the retention of still capable and useful personnel of experience who would otherwise be disposed of as unfit by falling below the P2 FE level. At age 39 I was P7 HO and was exempt BFT and CFT. However, I used to partake in both by choice and not only passed but regularly embarassed many 19 - 21 year old soldiers who were P2 FE and who I would describe as below standard (not Biff or Knacker - see the difference?). Anyone who thought to call me a sickie certainly never had the balls to say it to my face. Oh yeah I held a responsible job too!!

Hmmm. I'm P3 LE (long story) yet not excused BFT or CFT, play rugger regularly and run every other day. Am I still a Biff?

Right to qualify my earlier statement, I myself was P3LE for a couple of years after suffering from stress fractures in my shins and having no rehab I then developed shin splints. At that time (91 - 93) I was classed as a Biff or Knacker, I could still do most if not all the things anyone else could however running and tabbing on roads was murder.

During this time I still managed to play rugby for the AMS however my promotion prospects were impacted due to the personalities who ran the unit I was in at the time, as I was told in no uncertain terms that at P3LE the most the CO would sign off at the time for anybody downgraded was B3 or BP.

And to be honest this was quite indicative of the AMS at that time. It took for me to get a posting to a Postal Depot, to get the correct rehab with the APTC guys on site to get me back up to full fitness.

I am glad to see that the system has changed, and that it is recognised that soldiers who get injured through no fault of their own, are still able to have a full career and not to be passed over for promotion while downgraded, and therefore I would hope the perception has changed which is what I was indicating in my earlier statement.

Good luck in the rest of your green kit careers I am now long out due to the effect 2 years on the back burner had on mine, however I am not bitter.....honest !!! as I have a very full and insanely paid career in Civ Div and haven't looked back with any longing at all.

okay Stan, you're not bitter

I bloody am, P3LE due to knackered knees, I can't even stand for long periods without pain but still ran a cracking med centre, was refused MD due to my imminent 22 years point and by feck am I bitter.

how are you doing BTW, still in Yorks?

periods of downgrading to P3 are also used 'for your own protection'

stops those nasty PTIs doing further damage to something that needs time to recover / be assessed by experts etc.

All things lower than P2 = Biff, I dont think so!

I was P3LE for the final 5 yrs of my service life, I deployed on a number of OPs during the time & was promoted, it made very little difference to my career.

I am P3LE with a very specific wrist injury. This has not harmed my career or affected what I can do (other than standard press-ups - although i can do one-armed ones :D ).

I was very frustrated when it happened as the only thing I needed to be excused were press-ups. Technically I do not have to do PFT or CFT but I do them all and pass every time (although technically I fail the PFT as I do not attempt the press-ups).

I have been promoted twice since the down-grading and still beat soldiers much younger on PT regularly (I worry about the fitness of todays young soldiers - there are so many that leave the factory unable to complete even the most basic tests but that is another done to death thread).

Sadly the level of bureaucracy and statistics make this almost the norm these days for fit individuals with very limited injuries moved into this category.

I would argue a 'biff' is someone who does not even attempt to keep themselves fit, attempt to rehab themselves or complete those tests that they can. MOs have a lot to answer for in that rehab in the military is so limited considering the active lifestyles we conduct. A lot of soldiers are out there with very minor help needed that is just not serious enough to warrant any assistance.

hellfyyr said:
(I worry about the fitness of todays young soldiers - there are so many that leave the factory unable to complete even the most basic tests but that is another done to death thread).
Absolute bollocks.

Sky-Monkey said:
hellfyyr said:
(I worry about the fitness of todays young soldiers - there are so many that leave the factory unable to complete even the most basic tests but that is another done to death thread).
Absolute balls.
No Sky-Monkey - fact. I have worked in ATRA and seen this with my own eyes. Having left that environment I know see soldiers arrive in this condition. Part of this is the depot thing (Phase 2) rather than ATR but nonetheless soldiers are getting in without the basic fitness that they should have.

In future at least offer some sort of explanation with your petulant outbursts, eh Matron...

No hellfyyr - not fact. Recruits cannot pass out from an ATR without completing and passing all the mandatory tests. What happens at Phase two is a different matter altogether and I have no idea what they get up to. Your comment is disingenuous and misleading.

In future, keep your petulant rantings factual rather than being some kind of know-all who actually has no idea.

(That last comment wasn't strictly necessary but I thought I would add it in as it seemed to be in keeping with your style.)