Downfall. Tonight. Film 4 21.00

Without Downfall we'd be bereft of so many memes

Good movie, I enjoyed it.

Too niche for me. Probably pants wettingly hilarious to the half dozen spotty geek virgins to whom it makes any sort of sense.

Too niche for me. Probably pants wettingly hilarious to the half dozen spotty geek virgins to whom it makes any sort of sense.
WW2 is ‘too niche for you’?

I resemble that comment ;)

Good movie and an outstanding performance from the Ganz chappie though.

4(T)

LE
I thought the casting was outstanding, with most of the actors having an eerily close resemblance to their historic counterparts (less for the girl playing Traudl Junge, who was a bit too pretty for the part).

Hard to think of anyone who has done a more convincing portrayal of Hitler than Bruno Ganz.

And with a wonderful depiction of Magda Goebells, so close to mothers day.

Probably the most chilling scene from the movie, and pretty much any movie IMO.

Last edited:

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I thought the casting was outstanding, with most of the actors having an eerily close resemblance to their historic counterparts (less for the girl playing Traudl Junge, who was a bit too pretty for the part).

Hard to think of anyone who has done a more convincing portrayal of Hitler than Bruno Ganz.
I seem to recall when I watched Downfall experiencing a major and sudden disturbance in the pants when Junge dons a Wehrmacht uniform to try and slip out of the bunker.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads