"Downfall" - Channel 4 - NOW!

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Goatman, Mar 2, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Bruno Ganz stars as Adolf in the last days in the bunker.....a must-see for all those ARRSERS with thinly disguised Waffen SS recruiting posters in their sig blocks.....billed as ' has a happy ending....' :lol:

...and yes I'm taping it ....so nobody spoil it by telling me what happens in the end....

2. He dies. :wink:

3. It really is a great film,hope you can read as it is in German with subtitles!

4. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

BASSTARD !! :lol:

5. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Not only that but he's a hypocritical b@stard! He spat the dummy on another thread when someone revealed what happened to Bambi's mum! :D

Edit to add: She was fine Goat. Honest.

6. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Damn you spoilers......is nothing sacred ! :lol:

7. I should hope so too, it would ruin the film if it was dubbed into English.

Have you ever seen the dubbed version of 'Das Boot'?

Made an excellent film into an embarassment.

8. Thats just plain wrong - the film could never work without that fantastic cry of "ALAARRMM" every few minutes.

As for Downfall, incredible film, but I'm a bit confused about the spoiler above - I always thought that the Americans took him prisoner when they sucessfully invaded Berlin in 1945? :?

9. Who would be cast as the deranged Herr Blair, skulking in the Fuhrerbunker.....etc......

10. Das boot is one of my all time favourite films - I downloaded the soundtrack... AWESOME :lol: !!!

But before I get my coat, I'll just add that you should never try to watch a film like downfall with the missus. After frequent sighs, and 'how long is this film?' repeated over and over again, you either kill yourself, or her, or both.

11. Fcuk me, it's the Memory Man.

12. Has anyone seen" Stalingrad" The german made version? Another brill film by the same producer as "das Boot" If you can ,watch it!

13. yeah ive got stalingrad on dvd brilliant film it really helps when they use the right fecking tanks as well

14. Heh it's even more fun giving the correct translation, when they edit out the bad launguage...

15. Bastard - You've just made me go and download it too - and you're bloody well right... its AWESOME