Dowloading films etc of www

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by thegimp, Dec 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any tips for downloading, legal or otherwise? I need to fill a hard drive up with a decent selection and I've never done it before

2. subscribe to giganews, and use newsrover.
  3. As previous poster said BitTorrent will deliver, but if you don't want to install the Torrent app, or would rather not be identified in your downloads, there's a host of other sites where you can download directly using 'right click/save as' has a good range of films and music, the files are hosted on fileshareing sites which can be tediously slow to download unless you subscribe (£10 a month paid by SMS text). Oh I should point out that it's in Russian, but even if you don't know the lingo, it's pretty intuitive to navigate around.

However once you filled up your hard disk, you'll have a mixture of different formats, and some files may be compressed, WinRAR will unpack them for you, but make sure you have all the necessary drivers for the wmv, avi, DivX, mov, asf etc formats. The K-Lite Codec pack is pretty inclusive
  4. If you install a torrent app, I suggest you also install peerblock. This will act as a filter against know IP addresses belong to companies that are looking for illegal down-loaders.

PeerBlock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

About the best torrent sites.