Douglas Carswell starts the fightback for our democracy

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by insert-coin-here, May 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The speaker of the house of commons has been singled out as the first enemy of democracy in the UK.

The man is a absolute disgrace and must be removed from the high office he has dishonoured asap.

Tory Bear has taken up the cause.

Douglas Carswell goes for it.

I will be emailing my MP and leaving him in no doubt that should he not fully support Mr Carswell then I will be voting him out of office and will do my very best to make sure that others do so as well.

2. He can't go to soon if you ask me.

I find that the Speaker is a snivelling (Mummy never bought me shoes bwaa ha ha), self-serving eejit. I have long suspected he is complicit in keeping corruption in the house hush hush. I think there will be plenty of support to bring him down, he is openly accused of bias from time to time by the opposite ranks.

3. His office just yesterday were trying to shield futher disclosure of expenses by farming the reciets out to private auditors which would,they believed,shield them from the freedom of infomation act.

How much further can our parliment be debased?

The speaker is the biggest enemy of democracy and freedom in the country and must go.

4. Can I suggest that those of you who give a stuff about our country take the time out from whinging on ARRSE and bang out a quick email to your MP telling them how you expect them to vote in the matter?

This guy is actually trying to DO somthing about the mess we are in and deserves all of our support.

5. Do you mean like this? To James Dudderidge

"I currently work as an advisor on ammunition disposal in the Balkans. I am an ex-British Army major and an Ammunition Technical Officer.

I am sorry to say that the current state of affairs in the Mother of Parliaments is a national embarrassment and puts the UK on a par with some of the political shenanigans in this region. (May I state at this point I consider you NOT to be part of the problem with regard to expenses etc)?

Even sadder is the fact that many of the local people here of all ethnic persuasions actually looked to the UK as an example of what could be achieved by a mature democracy. Sadly they now see an example of what can only be described as a national disgrace.

The police have powers the Militsia under Tito would have been proud of, legislation geared towards anti-terrorism is used by snoopers of all persuasions for carrying out surveillance which was NOT the intention of Parliament and we are slowly edging towards becoming a Police State. I feel it is now time for you, as my local MP to consider Country before party.

Please support Douglas Carswell in his motion for Parliament to be rid of the Speaker of the House. This highly public action should be a first sign to the current Government that enough is enough. As a fellow Scot I find the behaviour of "Gorbals Mick" appalling and feel like quoting Cromwell at the Dissolution of the Rump Parliament every time I see him. He has politicised his post to a disgraceful level and has presided over a terrible drop in the standards to the extent that many people now view MP's as nothing more than self-serving money grabbers.

I am happy for you to quote this message but would ask that you edit certain personal details.

Rickshaw-Major

Let's hope we get some action.

6. Outstanding Sir :clap:

Even should Mr Carswell fail (and no doubt it will be due to our utterly broken party politics) it will at the very least highlight,yet again,where the rot is in our parliment.

7. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

He's the same as all the rest off them
    A fukcing great big chip on his shoulder and thinks the world owes him a living because he had a hard childhood
    No different from the chav benifit scum who think that they shouldn't have to do anything for there money because it's theirs anyway
    Wheres Fawkes and Cromwell when you need them

Cameron should start sacking expense miscreants and clamping write down on everyone else
    He could win by a landslide (will anyway I think ) and finish New/Old /For the future labour and all conected with it

8. Michael Martin will have to jump before he is pushed. I think everyone in politics realises there needs to be a public execution as the public wants blood. Channel 4 news tonight seemed to suggest he is the one in everyone's crosshairs.

9. And no bloody Peerage or Knighthood when he does go.

10. And now you are just being ridiculous :twisted: Not a hope in hell. You and I may as well buy tickets the Euromillions because there is more chance we will win.

Tonypandy, Weatherhill, Boothroyd - where are you when we need you most?

11. Fair comment Major.

Lord Mick of Gorbals KT then.

12. The motion to rid the HoC is building up steam as it is being reported now in the MSM via Sky and the BBC.

Somthing has to give soon,the weight of contempt is buckling servers all over the internet.

Polly Toynbee is publically calling for Gordon Brown to step down.

The BBC comments pages are clogged with livid posters demanding a general election.

The people of the UK are all singing off the same songsheet,Labour is finished.

13. Martin may be gone by the end of next week according to Ian Dale

here bloody here

The toad must be asset stripped

14. Bump as the motion goes before the house tomorrow.Get mailing troops.