Doughnut thief faces 30 years in prison.

#1
Just read on Sky text that a man accused of stealing a doughnut is facing a 30 year prison sentence in the US.

It says

"American Scott Masters is accused of putting the doughnut into his jumper without paying, then pushing away a clerk who tried to stop him as he ran out f the shop in Farmington, Minnesota. Authoroties said the push was being treated as minor assault, which transforms a shoplifting charge into a strong-arm robbery rap-with a potential 15-years jail term attached to it.
However prosecutors could seek 30 years because Masters has a criminal record.


So is this another case of the Septics being over the top or should we start using a bit of their punishment on the Chavs and gangs over here. If he does get locked up will he ask his family to bring him doughnuts with a jam, custard or a file filling.
 
#2
The_IRON said:
Just read on Sky text that a man accused of stealing a doughnut is facing a 30 year prison sentence in the US.

It says

"American Scott Masters is accused of putting the doughnut into his jumper without paying, then pushing away a clerk who tried to stop him as he ran out f the shop in Farmington, Minnesota. Authoroties said the push was being treated as minor assault, which transforms a shoplifting charge into a strong-arm robbery rap-with a potential 15-years jail term attached to it.
However prosecutors could seek 30 years because Masters has a criminal record.


So is this another case of the Septics being over the top or should we start using a bit of their punishment on the Chavs and gangs over here. If he does get locked up will he ask his family to bring him doughnuts with a jam, custard or a file filling.

I would imagine that they are refering to the 3 strikes and you are out (or in, rather) policy, which was introduced a while back.
 

qman

War Hero
#3
Get's me that we complain that the law isn't hard enough in this country then when someone else goes the other way we decry them for being too harsh. We don't know the full circumstances involved so I wouldn't like to comment but from what your saying he's already a convicted 'felon'. Many of the states work a '3 strikes and your out policy' don't know the intricacies of which but in his case it looks like 'bye bye'.
 
#4
It should be 'one strike and your plugged into the mains whilst being gassed with Zyclon B' for chavs, dole scroungers and pikies. I fucking hate pikies.
 
#5
Château OJG got burgled a few years ago-along with 12 other properties-by some mong. At the time there was a "Three strikes and you are out" law about to be enacted. Mong pleaded guilty right away to avoid a monster sentence under the forthcoming legislation. The law was withdrawn at the last minute for some tree-hugging reason or other but at least the threat of it served a purpose. (Yes, he got slapped on his release and left the area as fast as his plaster casts allowed.)
 

oldbaldy

LE
Moderator
#6
MDN going to be banged up! Perhaps we should start a petition to free him. :D
 
#8
If they locked me up I'd still feed my sausage out the bars so that the ladies that love me can come and give it a lick.

Ignore Flash, he is just bitter after losing his captaincy of the 'small penis club'
 
#9
minister_doh_nut said:
If they locked me up I'd still feed my sausage out the bars so that the ladies that love me can come and give it a lick.

Ignore Flash, he is just bitter after losing his captaincy of the 'small penis club'

I'll send you the cap in the post then.
 
#12
The_IRON said:
Just read on Sky text that a man accused of stealing a doughnut is facing a 30 year prison sentence in the US.
Bl00dy good job too, it has to stop somewhere.

Mind yer fingers sonny Jim.

lol
 
#13
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
I'll send you the cap in the post then.
No need I have had my own one fashioned
 
#14
If he's a persistent lifestyle criminal who spends his days and nights robbing and thieving and generally being a plague on decent people then why not take him off the streets for 30 years?

It doesn't matter if he made off with a few donuts or dropped litter on the pavement or drove without a tax disc. One charge is as good as another if it puts a criminoid chav pleb away where he can only harm his own kind.

If it was a first offense 30 years might be a bit harsh - 30 lashes might go some way towards correcting his attitude though.
It won't happen here in Do gooder land unfortunately. Donut boy would have had to have dragged the shop assistant outside by his hair and battered him around the carpark before hijacking a lorry load of donuts just to get the police to show up the same day.
Even if he was convicted he would probably get a non custodial sentence.
 
#15
As much as it is a nat on the heavy side, considering this chap has previous convictions he sounds like a little bastard who needs the shite scared out of him.
He'll probably get off with a fine.

Edd
 
#16
Read a similar story about a bloke caught shoplifting a six pack of beer. Stealing alcohol is a serious felony where he was and this was his third strike so he was facing an automatic whole life sentence.

There was CCTV footage and and the shop keeper was an eye witness to the crime so the crim. was, as they say, bang to rights. Despite this, the judge instructed the jury to find him not guilty.

The three strikes rule, as implemented in America, can lead to unjustly excessive sentencing but we go too far the other way over here. Letting self confessed rapists off with a caution and repeatedly doing nothing about junkies like Pete Doherty in unacceptable.

We could start by banning concurrent sentencing. If you get convicted of two crimes you should get two sentences - not one sentence that counts as double. Letting crims. off scott free when they ask for other crimes to be taken into consideration is, frankly, having a laugh.
 
#17
Ancient_Mariner said:
Read a similar story about a bloke caught shoplifting a six pack of beer. Stealing alcohol is a serious felony ....
Oh piss! In certain US states, the petrol stations sell beer but only during licensing hours. Early morning, in search of more beer, I follow local advice and take a slab from the fridge, drop $20 on the counter and leg it away from the upset cashier. I think I may now be a master criminal or something. To add insult to injury, the fat bird driving the car tells me I run in a funny manner when drunk. Next time I will go tooled up and will take no nonsense. :D
 
#19
CharlieRomeoAlphaBravo said:
Ancient_Mariner said:
Read a similar story about a bloke caught shoplifting a six pack of beer. Stealing alcohol is a serious felony ....
Oh urine!
No it was definitely beer. I don't think taking the p1ss is illegal yet, even in America.

:D
 
#20
First offence by all means use a measure of sympathy (where appropriate) and common sense in sentencing, but on every subsequent offence 'mind yer fingers'.

Hard to feel any sympathy for those with a record, particularly for like offences, and these idiots should be banged up wiothout delay. As ancientmariner remarks, cut out all this concurrent term crap, its just discount punishment.

It may be that prison criminalises inmates, but if he's in there for 30 years then who minds, he'll be a doddering old fart on release, and less likely to be a menace.

One druggy with a £50 a day habit (and this is not extraordinary) will have to steal about £300 worth of goods to make the same. A drain of over £100,000 per annum from one scrote, which could have been avoided by locking him away for a decade or two.

We all know where sympathy resides, so I won't bother repeating it's location.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads