Double-minded "Commander in Chief"

The Great One's campaign has sued to stop an Ohio law broadening the voting rights of the very same military members He for whom He is the Commander in Chief--I am sure it has nothing whatever to do with the fact that Ohio is a "swing" state and important to His re-election. Despicable.

Military Groups Oppose Obama Campaign Ohio Early Voter Suit - Bloomberg

What he said ^

In the US there's plenty of other ways to vote if you can't make it down to the polling station. Absentee / Postal stuff, by Proxy and the Early voter system will still be in place. There is no genuine reason for the Armed forces to require three more days than everyone else. They have plenty of time, and plenty of different ways to vote.

And frankly, if you can't organise yourself well enough to get your vote cast on time then that's your problem, serving or not.

S

syledis

I thought the demographic of the US Military was swinging towards more black and latinos than whites?

... frankly, if you can't organise yourself well enough to get your vote cast on time then that's your problem, serving or not.
There are occasions when proxy voting is the only way some service personnel can vote. Some people don't want to be forced to give their vote to someone else.

I thought the demographic of the US Military was swinging towards more black and latinos than whites?
More "brown" than "black" if birth rates are an accurate indicator.

What he said ^

In the US there's plenty of other ways to vote if you can't make it down to the polling station. Absentee / Postal stuff, by Proxy and the Early voter system will still be in place. There is no genuine reason for the Armed forces to require three more days than everyone else. They have plenty of time, and plenty of different ways to vote.

And frankly, if you can't organise yourself well enough to get your vote cast on time then that's your problem, serving or not.
Plenty of Time? guess you've never been on active service or on filed trainingmore than a day

Plenty of Time? guess you've never been on active service or on filed trainingmore than a day

Add to that the ever so patriotic but even more partisan election officials in a number of states in recent elections who do all they can--sometimes even illegally (aka "the Chicago Way") to "lose," disqualify or otherwise fail to count absentee militAry votes on the assumption they are for the other side. I leave it to you to suds which is which.

Is it always the way that a Democractic President is less appealing to the Military then a Repubican one?

Is it always the way that a Democractic President is less appealing to the Military then a Repubican one?
I can't speak for all the military, but in my experience since JFK I would say that is true in general and especially with the Great One whose partisan perspective and desire to manipulate public opinion into votes as reflected in the post Bin Laden publicity blitz using very sensitive classified sources, means and methods details to make Him appear "tough.". I happen to still have contacts in the know who tell me ST-6 are to a man livid over the "leaks" since they make the next such mission even more difficult and dangerous.

At least he won't be fiddling the system to stop black people voting...
I think you are quite right. During the last election there was a major problem in Philadelphia PA with security guards who were members of the Black Panther group, armed with clubs, intimidating non-Black people from entering to vote. At another Philadelphia polling place individuals certified as poll watchers for the Republican party were prevented from entering and performing their duties. Federal charges were filed against several these individuals. You may be shocked to learn that all of the charges were dropped by the Justice Dept. after Obama took office.

Oh, FFS, this really insn't even a legitimate issue. The only people getting upset are people who are actively looking for a reason to be upset at Obama, or people who read at the level of a 7 year-old. As the second poster illustrated quite well, The Obama For America campaign is suing the Ohio government to overturn a law past by the Republican legislature that removed the right to vote early (by three days) for everyone in Ohio EXCEPT members of the military.

Let's all take a breath and break that down for a second.

1. If anyone is seeking to suppress voter turnout it is the Republicans legislature- and it is a phenomenon being repeated all over the country. (I guess there's an immediate point to be raised here in that if you have to stop people voting in order to win an election then your ideas and your candidates probably suck ass, but let's put that aside for the moment.)

2. The Obama campaign is not trying to suppress military voters- a group that they're actively trying to co-opt this cycle. What they are trying to do is ensure that everyone has access to a privilege that currently ONLY members of the military have.

End of story.

I think you are quite right. During the last election there was a major problem in Philadelphia PA with security guards who were members of the Black Panther group, armed with clubs, intimidating non-Black people from entering to vote. At another Philadelphia polling place individuals certified as poll watchers for the Republican party were prevented from entering and performing their duties. Federal charges were filed against several these individuals. You may be shocked to learn that all of the charges were dropped by the Justice Dept. after Obama took office.
Firstly, the Black Panthers showed up in a heavily democratic precinct. Answer me one simple question: why would anyone in their right mind seek to intimidate their own voters?

Secondly, they pitched up at ONE precinct. Look at the electoral map for that night and tell me with a straight face the result did not reflect what happened all across the city, the state and the country.

Thirdly, not one person has come forward to make a complaint that they were intimidated by the Black Panthers that night.

Fourthly, you're just plain WRONG that the DOJ dismissed the case after Obama took office. The case was downgraded from a criminal case 11 days before Obama took office and 26 days before Eric Holder was appointed Attorney General. If you're upset by this case you really can- as with so many things- blame Bush.

Add to that the ever so patriotic but even more partisan election officials in a number of states in recent elections who do all they can--sometimes even illegally (aka "the Chicago Way") to "lose," disqualify or otherwise fail to count absentee militAry votes on the assumption they are for the other side. I leave it to you to suds which is which.
Could anyone show us all just ONE instance where such an accusation has been proved?

the Pathers hate Whites, Republican Whites, Democratic Whites, Independent Whites, sorta the Black Klan without the sister *******.

John Fund: Black Panther Voter Intimidation Case Dropped - WSJ.com
Shabazz and friend shouting racial epithets at voters while carrying nightsticks isnt Intimidation?

Bartle Bull who saw Bull Connor in action said this was the most blatent voter intimidation he'd ever seen in his testimony to the civil rights division of DoJ. Apparently, some at DOJ thought you can't intimidate White voters, only Minorities
http://www.usccr.gov/NBPH/05-14-2010_NBPPhearing.pdf

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/26/us/26panther.html?_r=2

Finally Video of the incidents

Black Panthers Intimidate Voters in Philadelphia - YouTube

RACIST GROUP INTIMIDATES VOTERS - YouTube

"I dont care about what was, I'm talkin about What is" Who knew the Panthers were intimidated by the news media?
Black Panthers intimidating voters during election Day 2008 - YouTube

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
stoatman Current Affairs, News and Analysis 18
ViroBono The Intelligence Cell 13
L Royal Signals 8