Double Grande Skinny Latte and a 9mm to go please.......

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Blogg, Sep 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Feck me.......

Police gun left in cafe's toilet

"A police firearms officer left a gun in the toilets of a coffee shop where it was found by a member of the public, the Metropolitan Police (Met) has said.

The firearm was left in the toilets of a branch of Starbucks in Edgware Road in central London last Friday.

The female officer concerned has now been removed from operational duties while an investigation is carried out.

The pistol was eventually linked to her when police compared its serial number to those logged at a police armoury.

A Met Police spokesman said: "A police-issue firearm was left unattended in a central London cafe on 29 August and was found by a member of the public.

"The weapon belongs to a Metropolitan Police authorised firearms officer who was on duty at the time."

An investigation is being carried out by the force's Directorate of Professional Standards. "
  2. Seem to remember that a 9mm was left in Sainsbury's near Chicksands a couple of years ago, so not just the cops.
  3. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Well, we've all done that!
  4. Made I larf larf larf.
    Nice to know they know which officer has which weapon
    Gung-Ho again.
  5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Probably deliberately done to deflect flack from the top cops infighting at the met, either way being female she wont be punished it will be blamed on PMT, stress or the menopause, women eh?
  6. Women in bogs, what is they do in there that necessitates them putting their weapon on the cistern?
  7. The bit that gets me is bolded in the story

So she lost her weapon and then.. what?

Didn't realise?
    Didn't care?
    Noticed but tried to cover it up?

Why exactly did they need to go through the books to find out who it had been signed out to? Surely this policeperson should have reported it missing?

She needs posting to somewhere dark dank and dismal and a long way away from any responsiblity.
  8. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Good thing the military are too astute to do anything like that!

Oh, hang on a minute. Didn't someone from the Chicksands posse do exactly the same thing in Tesco in Stevenage a few months ago?
  9. Regardless of whether is Plod or Forces, thats seriously bad drills.

I was uner the impression that Police issue Firearms were secured in the ARV's safe until required and when worn on the officer, its secured with a coiled type of lanyard to the holster?
  10. bit more here

No kidding :roll:
  11. The poor lass should have posted on arrse for assistance. There are numerous references to squaddy glock hunters in the naafi.
  13. How do you not notice!
  14. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Hang on. Glock? Possible emotional problems? Crap attempt at a cover up?

It was BBR in a dress wasn’t it.
  15. Wasn't that a splitarse too? I can see a pattern emerging.