Double Child Killer Colin Pitchfork eligible for release in 2016

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by pandaplodder, Jul 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Colin Pitchfork is a child killer from Leicestershire in England. Pitchfork raped and strangled two 15-year old schoolgirls, Lynda Mann from Narborough and Dawn Ashworth from Enderby. Colin Pitchfork was the first murderer to be caught by DNA fingerprinting.

In 1994 the Home Secretary at the time, Michael Howard decided Colin Pitchfork should spend at least 30 years in prison. In 2008 a judge, Mr Justice Grigson reviewed the 30 year sentence and refused to reduce it. He said: 'The murders were callous and calculated'. He also said 'In my judgment it would be wholly inappropriate to reduce what I regard as a modest sentence for truly horrific crimes'.

However in May 2009 Colin Pitchfork appealed against his minimum sentence and the judges reduced it from 30 years to 28 years.

For those that remember both both murders will be sickened to know that this scum bag will be set free soon.

Colin Pitchfork

2. Far from it; 28 years is the minimum term that Colin Pitchfork has to serve before he can even be considered for parole. The Trial judge's comments will, I am sure, stand the test of time. The likelihood of Colin Pitchfork being released anyitme soon are, I would suggest, somewhere between extremely slim to non-existent.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. I hope so but you never know, stranger things have happened
  4. Will he buggery be released.

He will kark it in prison like the Black Panther did recently.
  5. I hope so too; but he was fairly tried and convicted and unless he can show any genuine acceptance for his horrific crimes, let alone remorse, he will never make the Parole Board. Some people are just predators, pure and simple; forensic psychologists will try and exoplain his crimes any way that they can but they will not acknowledge the universal truth that he did what he did because he could.
  6. Incidentally there was another murder of a 16 year old (Colette Aram) about the same time in neighbouring Nottinghamshire (and in similar circumstances), her killer was charged in 2009 age 50, sent to Prison in 2010 committed suicide in 2011
  7. Thank for posting your outrage in large print - so much easier for the older ARRSEr like myself to read, inwardly digest and ignore.
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Good! And I hope it really, really fecking hurt!
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Unless it was an offence commited as a child they don't let double child murderers and rapists out.

They do however let them waste the time of the courts in futile attempts to be set free before they die, it's a game, lots of them play it and they never win.

Have I told you how much I hate shrill green inkers?
  10. At least another 10 years then, hardly soon is it?
  11. But if he serves the minimum of 28 years he still has a decade to go.
  12. To add to your so correct comments, the Lord Chief Justice Igor Judge stated that whilst the tariff was being reduced by 2 years the prisoner cannot be released unless and until the safety of the public is assured. In other words Imprisonment for Public Protection - the onus is on the prisoner to prove that he/she is no longer a threat to society.

Please excuse the play on words: What the "Lord" giveth, the "Lord" taketh away. Job1:21 (KJV)
  13. Daily Mail idiots have a problem with understanding the "considered for release" bit of sentences.

He has to serve a minimum 28 years as the punishment phase, only then can he be considered for a place at a theraputic prison unit where he will have to engage in courses and work shops designed to manage his offending, he has to tick a lot of boxes to even be considered for that. As he is a physcopath who raped and murdered two children he isnt going to tick any of them. Wasting his time with futile attempts to reduce his minimum term when he should be adressing his own problems also shows a lack of remorse or the abilty to understand why he should be in prison in the first place.

In prison he dies.
    • Like Like x 2