Double 8 tickets

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by maguire, Feb 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

Thought I'd share this with you as a cautionary tale - if you're ever booking gig/event tickets and get stuck, have NOTHING to do with this lot.
    completely unscrupulous ripoff merchants.

just wrote a review here giving the gist of my experience with them -

'Avoid at all costs. I bought two tickets from these cowboys for Depeche Mode's show at the Royal Albert Hall - it states clearly on their terms and conditions that there is a markup - I dont have a problem with that, I accept that they are running a business not a charity.

what I do NOT accept however, is taking a booking from me for Circle tickets at £75 each, then sending me tickets clearly marked 'restricted view'. when I checked on their website 'restricted view' tickets were being sold at £55 each. I did NOT ask to be sold these tickets and indeed, the confirmation email I received from them stated clearly that they were for the circle.

A phone call to their 'customer service' desk elicited a response that boiled down to 'meh - what are you going to do about it?' even when asked if they wanted me to go to Trading Standards. I was told that I could make a complaint, but that it would have to be put in writing. when I pointed out that the concert was a week away at that point and asked for assurances that they would address the issue prior to that, I was shrugged off again.

In short, this company are in my opinion unscrupulous ripoff merchants and I would not recommend them to my worst enemy. I will be making a point of never dealing with this outfit again and also making sure as many people as possible know how they operate. Avoid at all costs unless you like being ripped off. I've given them a rating of one star only because there is no option for 'none'.'

and yes, I did know I was going to be paying over the odds for them prior to this - as I say, I accepted that - what I didnt expect was to be so blatantly ripped off and then get the response I did when I complained.

the cheeky robbing barstewards. :(