Doubious claims to fame

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by mortars2cg, Feb 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just watching the Six Nations with the family and Jeremy Guscott came on.I stated that ,when I lived in Spain,I built an extension on a swimming pool in a villa that he used when he holidays in Spain.There was a tumble weed moment at this statement which wasnt helped when I said that Guscotts mother also used my shop to make phone calls to the U.K.

Can any one beat this sad claim to fame?
  2. Yes. My sister is Leona Lewis's Godmother. Genners.
  3. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

My Old man discovered Kriss Akabusi's talent for running and was his first coach. I regularly had to give up my bedroom and sleep on the floor in my brothers room. Also we used to play pick up sticks with lollipop sticks and I declare Aki to be a cheating bastard who owes me a re-match from 1978.

edit. And yes actually I can hold a grudge over something so trivial for so long.
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Bernard Matthews was my great uncles cousin, his dick head son hasn't shared a penny.

Also my dad's cousin is Herbie Flowers, of the band Sky variety.
  5. I'm possibly the last white man to be born in Handsworth, Birmingham (1954)!
    • Like Like x 11
  6. Not me, but one of my mates wellied Katona so hard from behind that her nose bled. The gopping pig that she is.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Tommy Taylor the footballer was taken to try out for Barnsley by my Dad. None of his relatives could be bothered to take him and my dad was a couple of years older than him and so took him. If it wasn't for my dad he may still be alive today, he's buried in Monk Bretton cemetery as are many of my relatives. Oh and my Dad used to bray Dickie Bird at school.
  8. I was sick on Keith Chegwin's shoes in The Angel pub in Islington in 1996. True story.
    • Like Like x 4
  9. I live round the corner from Gok Wan's godmother! She runs a fancy dress shop!
  10. My mate Dave went out with the daughter of Eric Clapton's psychiatrist's under gardener.
  11. I worked in London in the 60's and leaned out of the office window and shouted, "Fucking Spangles!" at the Tremeloes as they walked past..... then quickly hid behind a filing cabinet.

Do I win ?
  12. I saw the Tremeloes sing in Wakefield.
  13. I once appeared on The Big Breakfast with Keith Chegwin.
  14. I've been on TV loads of times.I doubt you would recognise me,persec you know,got the face covered.

The programme?

• Like Like x 1
  15. My mate once got Lionel Blair in a headlock in Stringfellows. Long live rock'n' roll