Doss Bag

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by QRHcooper, Oct 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys,

Just wondering if any of you can offer some advice?

Basically I'm off to the sand pit pretty soon and I'm debating whenever or not to take my "Bouncing Bomb" with me, due the size and amount of gash I have to drag over. I know it gets pretty cold during the off season but, im going to be staying inside the wire this time, so my intentions are to take my Jungle sack and purchase a choggy blanket from the tat shops.

Any advice welcome.

2. Any chance your name is Cooper, and you're in the QRH?

Just wunnerin, like..

3. lol nice one, you must be green slime, I mean talk about "deconstruction analyzation" WoW ;)

and no, alas I am no longer part of her majesty's finest senior light cavalry regiment, my current profession finds me providing ISTAR assistance for the boys on the ground.

4. Doss bags are for poofs!

5. If not your issued bouncing bomb then I would still recommend a Softie doss bag if you've got one, we deployed in March and it was freezing at night, even in a tent with 20 blokes.

6. I've always used a Softie 12, in winter, and summer. Can't fault it.

7. you'll need a duvet, that is all

8. If there's a chance of you being in a tent over the winter, take the Bomb.

I made the blanket mistake and froze my ******* arse off.

9. Haha cheers guys, thought as much, have fell fowl of this mistake before.. Gonna have to squeeze that bad boy in somehow :)

10. Take the bomb with you. Even if your tent has heating it can turn off at night leaving.g you freezing.

11. The bomb with your jungle doss bag inside.
    I would go and exchange your bomb for a new one you might even get the new issue Corinthian one.

12. Completely agree with Jock. You'll need the bomb for winter. If you go out when it warms up, you'll want the jungle bag.

Take both (and the liner if you can fit it in there).

13. Don't you guys cuddle up??! What the **** is wrong with you?

14. lol my new mob isn't as "friendly" as my last, used to enjoy a good spooning with my DVR ;)

15. DVR??