Doss Bag

Hey guys,

Just wondering if any of you can offer some advice?

Basically I'm off to the sand pit pretty soon and I'm debating whenever or not to take my "Bouncing Bomb" with me, due the size and amount of gash I have to drag over. I know it gets pretty cold during the off season but, im going to be staying inside the wire this time, so my intentions are to take my Jungle sack and purchase a choggy blanket from the tat shops.

Any advice welcome.

Any chance your name is Cooper, and you're in the QRH?

Just wunnerin, like..

lol nice one, you must be green slime, I mean talk about "deconstruction analyzation" WoW ;)

and no, alas I am no longer part of her majesty's finest senior light cavalry regiment, my current profession finds me providing ISTAR assistance for the boys on the ground.

Hey guys,

Basically I'm off to the sand pit pretty soon and I'm debating whenever or not to take my "Bouncing Bomb" with me, due the size and amount of gash I have to drag over. I know it gets pretty cold during the off season but, im going to be staying inside the wire this time, so my intentions are to take my Jungle sack and purchase a choggy blanket from the tat shops.

Any advice welcome.
Doss bags are for poofs!

Z

Zarathustra

Hey guys,

Any advice welcome.
If not your issued bouncing bomb then I would still recommend a Softie doss bag if you've got one, we deployed in March and it was freezing at night, even in a tent with 20 blokes.

If there's a chance of you being in a tent over the winter, take the Bomb.

I made the blanket mistake and froze my ******* arse off.

Take the bomb with you. Even if your tent has heating it can turn off at night leaving.g you freezing.

AIRBORNEJOCK

War Hero
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The bomb with your jungle doss bag inside.
I would go and exchange your bomb for a new one you might even get the new issue Corinthian one.

Completely agree with Jock. You'll need the bomb for winter. If you go out when it warms up, you'll want the jungle bag.

Take both (and the liner if you can fit it in there).

As others have said, take your jungle bag and bouncing bomb (or Softie 12/similar). Although you may think you will be inside the wire, others may have other plans for you.
Whilst I was in Bastion I inheritted a duvet which went through the wash twice before becoming my best friend for time I spent there. A set of cheepo bedding and a pillow completed my pit space heaven. Sounds gay but gave me something lovely to look forward to.

Issue softie suit and softie gonka should sort you out