Dosimeter principle

964ST

Crow
The current situation regarding con-19 testing seems to hark back to the Coldwar British Army way of doing things by letting people being used as cannon fodder (especially NHS staff in the present situation). We had our dosimeter which registered rads and could only be read by local commanders, and in the reality of the situation was that if you reached the Sell by Date you were expendable (That Reality was acknowledged and was not hidden from the wearer!)
It seems calculated that people with POSITION are being tested, while the front-line are left to fend for themselves (and potentialy being super-spreaders!).
The reality of this situation is not beyond my grasp, but can we not in this day and age have transparency?

Reality= If NHS staff are tested the majority are probably going to be quarantined therefore hindering the ability to cope!

Your military analogy is simple to explain; front line troops are expendable. They’re cheap and relatively easy to train/replace. The managers are products of longer, more expensive training. (Infantry) managers can work to a lower level, but basic infantry can’t work upstream.

I’m not sure that NHS managers can cover front line tasks? Probably not.

You're asking for clarity but I suspect that the NHS has other, slightly more pressing concerns just now.

What's your point?

The current situation regarding con-19 testing seems to hark back to the Coldwar British Army way of doing things by letting people being used as cannon fodder (especially NHS staff in the present situation). We had our dosimeter which registered rads and could only be read by local commanders, and in the reality of the situation was that if you reached the Sell by Date you were expendable (That Reality was acknowledged and was not hidden from the wearer!)
It seems calculated that people with POSITION are being tested, while the front-line are left to fend for themselves (and potentialy being super-spreaders!).
The reality of this situation is not beyond my grasp, but can we not in this day and age have transparency?

Reality= If NHS staff are tested the majority are probably going to be quarantined therefore hindering the ability to cope!
What is your bootsize?

I want to settle a wager on it being greater than your IQ.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Good job no politicians called health and social care workers unskilled recently!

Why didn't you use your normal username to post this?

964ST

Crow
Why didn't you use your normal username to post this?
Original user name was Bratty, and I am unable to retrieve my password cause it was on an AOL account (which is for a very long time has been deactivated) and I forgot my password.

I am currently living in Germany, the problem is the same, but the response here is different.

Original user name was Bratty, and I am unable to retrieve my password cause it was on an AOL account (which is for a very long time has been deactivated) and I forgot my password.

I am currently living in Germany, the problem is the same, but the response here is different.
Ever have the joy of going to winterbourne gunner?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Or BSc/MSc educated, professionally registered paramedics as 'Ambulance Drivers'. We always appreciate that.
Oh well, look on the bright side - it is better than being labelled 'ambulance chaser' ! ;)

Yokel

LE
Can the virus be detected in the air? Unlike radiation which is everywhere, social distancing and other measures should stop transmission. Testing is the weak point as inevitably some people do not not whether they have the virus or not. Healthcare personnel will be the priority when the kits are available in large numbers.

As for the analogy with troops fighting on a radioactive battlefield, you can find manuals about it online.

Can the virus be detected in the air? Unlike radiation which is everywhere, social distancing and other measures should stop transmission. Testing is the weak point as inevitably some people do not not whether they have the virus or not. Healthcare personnel will be the priority when the kits are available in large numbers.

As for the analogy with troops fighting on a radioactive battlefield, you can find manuals about it online.
Time, distance, shielding. Works for both radiation and communicable diseases.

Latest Threads