Dorset. Places to stay.

Any good places to stay for a few days or places to avoid for that matter? I've only ever stayed at Bovvy/Lulworth. Which was nice but not really family orientated.
And I expect that 'high-spirited' officers from the surrounding area have burned down most of what remains by now.

Bushrider

Old-Salt
Hotel Du Vin in Poole was pretty good, if you can get a good rate. Stayed there many, many times. Good location, right off the Quay. Would depend on the age of the kids though, it’s not for nippers.
They do a loverly Sunday lunch there, with a farmers table all you can eat. deals available usually on various web sites

Chef

LE
Thanks Gents for the information. It's given me a few pointers.

Billy Bragg. An infanteer in tank country, whatever next?

They do a loverly Sunday lunch there, with a farmers table all you can eat. deals available usually on various web sites
Hopefully a nice soft Pine rather than Oak.

Hopefully a nice soft Pine rather than Oak.
Pine would make sense as some of the locals are pining for the fjords, Hamworthy being just around the corner after all

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer

ches

LE
Studland Bay used to have (might still) a nudist beach so if you're a fat ugly fcuker with self esteem issues, get yourself down there & get rodded senseless by a load of other fat ugly fcukers with self esteem issues. Never been before some bright twat comes along with a retort.

On more serious note, pop along to Tyneham - village taken over for D-Day prep. Its part of the Lulworth ranges so only open for 1 or 2 days a week but worth it. Bovvis is a must if the missus allows, monkey world is cracking too. Check the direction signs to monkey world too as some wag keeps painting an RMP beret on the wee monkey on the sign. Always made oi larf seeing that.

A couple of years ago, Mrs b and I stayed at Britmead House on West Bay Road. Nice place - good food and comfortable, clean rooms. She's wants to go again which means she was impressed.

philc

LE
Want something try RNLI College in Poole, also operates as a hotel as well as accommodation for RNLI trainees.

Avoid Lulworth like the plague if you're here over a sunny weekend any time between Easter and October half term. We are literally over-run and it can take you anything up to two hours to get from the Gunnery School to the Cove.

Maybe I was just unlucky but I would avoid the Bournemouth Marriot, I got a smelly shabby room and it was the best part of £200.

Avoid Lulworth like the plague if you're here over a sunny weekend any time between Easter and October half term. We are literally over-run and it can take you anything up to two hours to get from the Gunnery School to the Cove.
Trying to head east from there at rush hour in summer is just as bad, so many tourists heading back to they're B&B's

I worked out that way for a while and it was hellish trying to get out of the area

Poppy

LE
The Beach House in Weymouth is nice - b&b