Dopesick: Dealers, Doctors and the Drug Company that Addicted America

Dopesick: Dealers, Doctors and the Drug Company that Addicted America

Themanwho submitted a new resource:

Dopesick: Dealers, Doctors and the Drug Company that Addicted America - Opioid addiction in the USA

First, let me say, this is the saddest book I’ve read in a long while. Written by Beth Macy, a campaigning journalist who has spent her life reporting in the hinterland of rustbelt America, Dopesick chronicles the effects of corporate greed and supine regulatory bodies, alongside the corruption of many of the medical profession, metamorphosing from healers to pushers. Describing the effect of a drug company’s amoral promotion of a highly addictive painkiller, Oxycontin, the damage...
Read more about this resource...

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Thanks for that review TMW, a really good review of a hard subject.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
@Themanwho - thanks indeed for an excellent and well-balanced review of a difficult read.

If you want to swap the review copy, I have here the Christopher Hitchens book ' Phoney War' - unless @Auld_Yin requires it back (?)

PM me if it's a goer.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
@Themanwho - thanks indeed for an excellent and well-balanced review of a difficult read.

If you want to swap the review copy, I have here the Christopher Hitchens book ' Phoney War' - unless @Auld_Yin requires it back (?)

PM me if it's a goer.
Once a reviewer has completed their review they are free to do with the book as they wish. Provided the review has been published on the site(s) then you can dispose of the book at your pleasure!

Once a reviewer has completed their review they are free to do with the book as they wish. Provided the review has been published on the site(s) then you can dispose of the book at your pleasure!
Already available on fleabay :)

Only kidding, once Frau Tmw has read the book it’ll be off to Goaty ...

Latest Threads