Door entry phone with adjustable tone or mute setting

I live in a flat with a 5 wire door entry phone system. I am getting 4 or 5 delivery drivers buzzing it every day with other flats deliveries and it is beginning to piss me off. I was taking a nap earlier and some polish cnut kept on buzzing it even after I told him to f-off, he had the wrong house.

I want to replace this handset with one that I can set the alarm tone to "off" or at least turn it down from it's current "air raid siren" volume.

There are loads of these handsets available but I cant find one that let's you adjust the buzzer volume. Has anyone got any ideas where to get one?

I think the mute setting in that one is for the mic.

I have decided to just fit 5 small inline switches to the cable and flip them off at night / when we dont want to be the goods in department of the neighbourhood.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Most flat type intercoms have a privacy/do not disturb button on them somewhere.

rowdy

Swinger
ask your landlord to fit an inline sounder mute switch , or if you are doing it yourself , find out what is the call button wire by isolating and testing the 5 cores one at a time then call the handset , so you only need 1 switch to isolate

ask your landlord to fit an inline sounder mute switch , or if you are doing it yourself , find out what is the call button wire by isolating and testing the 5 cores one at a time then call the handset , so you only need 1 switch to isolate
I think i know which wire it is but after the week i've had so far I dont mind just doing all 5 switches. THey come in packs of 5 anyway.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
vvaannmmaann The NAAFI Bar 13
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 138
O Army Reserve 14

Latest Threads