Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by maguire, Oct 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

Finally got round to watching this tonight - if you havent seen it, it's a pretty entertaining combination of 28 Days Later and Escape From New York, with a massive nod to Mad Max 2. It's made by the same bloke who did Dog Soldiers, and has the same black sense of humour. It also takes a few sly swipes at Neu Arbeit at the same time.
  2. Its fcuking shit. After trying to rip off Escape from New York, 28 Days Later, Deathrace 2000 you are left with Malcomn McDowell and Rhona Mitra. He over acts through every thing he has been in since the 80s and she is without a doubt fcuking dead weight.

The film is predicatble, the acting non existant and the acting dire

I say that with several beers inside me so it must be true!!
  3. sparky8 I love yer honest critique....

but with a few bottles o Vodka in me....

what happened to yer last four? Only got ONE left - what HAVE you been up to sprog???

edited to add; Rhona Mitra IS a babe.... :D
  4. What he said.......

The film is utter drivel and full of enough inconsistencies to drive a train through.

Utter balls. Even though there is Rhona Mitra, for her tits n ass factor, it is not enough to redeem this crap.
  5. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

did not even the bit with the bliar-a-like PM doing the decent thing raise a smile? and the lovely closeup of la mitra's bottom?
    I liked it, anyway.
  6. got to admit sealing up porridge wog land and leaving it to rot only for them all to turn into mutant cannibals is at least amusing :roll:
    personally I thought it was a documentry :twisted:
  7. Watched it up to the point where they get captured and it occurred to me....

Why is it in post-apocalyptic scenarios - Mad Max etc - there seems to be an immediate rush to wear items purchased from Skin2 and to dress as though you were off to a "Happening" at Torture Garden or Lash?

And who takes responsibility for ensuring that the tattoo parlours are kept going? I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a look that I'll never tire of perving at but really? I would have thought that more utilitarian dress might be more practical....