• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Don't you know who one is ??

#1
Civilian_In_Green said:
Note:

This is the REAL Civilian_In_Green and i don't think the wildly exaggerated version of me is very funny. Why i'll get my daddy to hire another army to come and kill you. Daddy is buying me a Bentley don't you know?

Yes..ok! I'm bloody kidding!

Note the other Civ has very few posts and i've been here long enough to make more. Although some equally stupid.
En sommaire i'm a bit concerned everyone thought it was really me. I'm not "posh" i'm not aspiring to be "upper-class" and my "daddy" can't afford a Bentley. I-mean bloody-hell, i'm a student, think of the insurance!

Furthermore i have nothing against "tradesmen" as they are essential, perhaps moreso than any of the upper-class. That is open to debate but i don't want to get into that.

I'm not fake-aristocrat, i'm not even an aristocrat. The nearest thing to an aristocrat is the part of my family which died last century, since then it's been downhill. Our family is old-money, the money is so old it has since been spent and we are left with nothing more than a scattering of properties in France and England. Actually worth very little.

I go to a comprehensive, sortof. It's a comprehensive on paper. I do not board as our school does not offer that. I have never been buggered not do i wish to be.

What's the Sally Army?
I know a grey top hat as a grey top hat and as such am hopelessly lower-middle class of-course.

I accept that there is more to class than money but i have very little of either, i live in near-poverty and am as common as the muck you walk on! :wink:

Best Christmas Regards,

Civilian In Green
(the one and only, thank-goodness!)

Don’t believe him - he is an imposter and upstart to boot, not to mention pretentious . i am the REAL Civilian ln Green.

When i grow up and become an officer I will show you who is the real boss, my late Grandpapa The Lord Civilian ln Green may have had to sell off the manor and fired all the servents to pay for all his gambling debts and defending himself in court over those beastly buggary allegations but I still am a toffee nose twit who thinks that the sun has not set on the Raj.

Civilian ln Green
(the one and only one thank f*ck)
 
#6
OK. I'm now going to ask where I have posted as you??


If you wish me to make you look a twat, I will, with very little help. You appear to be doing that on your own.

Flashies top tips;

1. Stop making yourself look more stupid than you are.
2. You are making it easy for every user to think you are a scary person.
3. I'm concerned for you.
4. Phone someone who can help you. (Clue, that aint me!)

(If anyone is confused by my post, please PM me so I can set the record straight. One has been 'attacked' by the equivillent of the disabled troop, dudley West, girl guides troop. Imagine the wheelchaired, uniformed, young folk doing a number on Creden Hill and you'll get the idea how much I was 5hitting myself).
 
#8
I don't do drugs, I didn't consume alcohol last night..

So WTF is this all about :D Have I missed out on more fun and games?
:D

More editing than the daily sport!
 
#12
Civilian_ln_Green said:
Civilian_In_Green said:
Note:

This is the REAL Civilian_In_Green and i don't think the wildly exaggerated version of me is very funny. Why i'll get my daddy to hire another army to come and kill you. Daddy is buying me a Bentley don't you know?

Yes..ok! I'm bloody kidding!

Note the other Civ has very few posts and i've been here long enough to make more. Although some equally stupid.
En sommaire i'm a bit concerned everyone thought it was really me. I'm not "posh" i'm not aspiring to be "upper-class" and my "daddy" can't afford a Bentley. I-mean bloody-hell, i'm a student, think of the insurance!

Furthermore i have nothing against "tradesmen" as they are essential, perhaps moreso than any of the upper-class. That is open to debate but i don't want to get into that.

I'm not fake-aristocrat, i'm not even an aristocrat. The nearest thing to an aristocrat is the part of my family which died last century, since then it's been downhill. Our family is old-money, the money is so old it has since been spent and we are left with nothing more than a scattering of properties in France and England. Actually worth very little.

I go to a comprehensive, sortof. It's a comprehensive on paper. I do not board as our school does not offer that. I have never been buggered not do i wish to be.

What's the Sally Army?
I know a grey top hat as a grey top hat and as such am hopelessly lower-middle class of-course.

I accept that there is more to class than money but i have very little of either, i live in near-poverty and am as common as the muck you walk on! :wink:

Best Christmas Regards,

Civilian In Green
(the one and only, thank-goodness!)

Don’t believe him - he is an imposter and upstart to boot, not to mention pretentious . i am the REAL Civilian ln Green.

When i grow up and become an officer I will show you who is the real boss, my late Grandpapa The Lord Civilian ln Green may have had to sell off the manor and fired all the servents to pay for all his gambling debts and defending himself in court over those beastly buggary allegations but I still am a toffee nose twit who thinks that the sun has not set on the Raj.

Civilian ln Green
(the one and only one thank f*ck)
Right. There has not been a Lord in my family for many generations and certainly not an English one, there is a manor of-sorts in France but it has not beed lived in since my Great Grandparents died.
Gambling debts have long-since been sorted by the family doing honest work as far back as i can remember.
They had a maid but no servants and there were no-such allegations.
I am not in the least-bit toffee-nosed as anyone who knows me will doubtless confirm. I go to a comprehensive dammit, i'm hardly Lord/Sir/Earl/Duke anyone..

..note also i do not used the 'F' word out of context.

Regards,

Civ
 
#13
Civ (the genuine one),

Even when trying to clarify your real identity in the face of the competition, you're still antagonizing everyone! Nobody really gives a stuff about your lineage, the state of your finances and that of your home(s). Be graceful in defeat!

Learn to master understatement and discretion before you get to RMAS, or you will find yourself the laughing stock of the RAC and Household Division officer cadets.
 
#14
The penny has dropped. Took a few shots first but you're right, i've glanced back at all my posts. Some are ok, some sensible but quite a few are sickening to read. It just looks stupid, if you go around telling people things which are really quite pointless then it seems you are boasting. The byproduct of this is that people assume that you are exaggerating.
Instead i should do what i do in standard conversation, just watch what you say. it has more effect when people discover more about you than when you tell them, similarly i suppose it has greater effect to mention a little and let others fill in any gaps.
I'm here to learn, simple as that, and i'm learning. If i can learn to be at least a bearable officer than it's ok. The pisstakes will have been worth it.

At the end of the day sod it all, all the inheritance can go to hell but my intended job is as an officer and if a can start to learn at least a little while i'm still young i'll not have to consider it when i'm older. End-product? A better, or less-bad, officer than there would have been anyway.

Silly remarks aside i just want to help people, it's what i'm for.

Regards,

Civ
 
#15
Civilian_In_Green said:
The penny has dropped. Took a few shots first but you're right, i've glanced back at all my posts. Some are ok, some sensible but quite a few are sickening to read. It just looks stupid, if you go around telling people things which are really quite pointless then it seems you are boasting. The byproduct of this is that people assume that you are exaggerating.
Instead i should do what i do in standard conversation, just watch what you say. it has more effect when people discover more about you than when you tell them, similarly i suppose it has greater effect to mention a little and let others fill in any gaps.
I'm here to learn, simple as that, and i'm learning. If i can learn to be at least a bearable officer than it's ok. The pisstakes will have been worth it.

At the end of the day sod it all, all the inheritance can go to hell but my intended job is as an officer and if a can start to learn at least a little while i'm still young i'll not have to consider it when i'm older. End-product? A better, or less-bad, officer than there would have been anyway.

Silly remarks aside i just want to help people, it's what i'm for.

Regards,

Civ

F*ck the tw*t never learns does he no matter how you try to help him :lol:
 
#16
I've learned...just you wait! :D

I'll prove it.


Civ

P.S: I'm off to Scotland till January the 2nd so i'll not be posting, you have been granted a reprive from my witterings it seems. Till then however happy Christmas to all of you, may luck be kind to you and may the wrath of God strike down your enemies! I'll be in Scotland, hiding from all that wrath.
 
#17
Civilian_In_Green said:
I'm off to Scotland till January the 2nd so i'll not be posting
What you trying to say? We've got running water and everything in Scotland now, I've not been up for a while but you might be lucky and get one of the few houses up there that have internet access.

You soft tw*t!
 
#18
I know, i actually like Scotland (midges excepted) and i know that they have pretty-much the same everything as England but i'm on an expedition in the mountains. We stay at a base-camp but the base-camp will still not have internet connection. It'll have hot-water and electricity and central-heating which is nice. Not internet though, i'll be writing letters to people instead. Lots of paper and lots of ink but it's ok, i mean writing to friends and whatnot as opposed to trying to harass the ARRSE website by postal service.
It should be good, snow and stuff, we never get snow in Wiltshire. It's a pity.

No, i don't have the benefit of a house to stay in but i like the mountains there and i don't need the internet, it'd probably do me good to get-away from things for a while, lose some fingers to the cold..etc..

Regards,

Civ
 
#19
Soldier_Why said:
We've got running water and everything in Scotland now,
Don't tell the poor lad lies, you'll have him running around the highlands trying to plug his laptop into those water wheels that you loosley refer to as power stations. :D
 
#20
I am off to India or the Raj as father likes to call it lol. Just myself, father and my brother, Bertie Civilian ln Green, and an entourage of 30 servants

Any way i wont be here for while - I don’t believe they have even telephones on the sub-continent yet .

Plan to bag a few tigers, it will be so much fun hunting these magnificent beasts from the back of an elephant. I was too young to remember the last time we went. I won’t bore you with all the details but I think it was 1993 - I seem to remember my wet nurse (well I was 6) came down with the bally malaria and we had to shoot her. Tragic really but never mind.

regards

ClG
 

Latest Threads