Dont turn and run hell think youre prey...

You'd think the phrase "being raised to return to the wild" would've rung alarm bells? What a grade A tit!! Still, he'll be able to impress the birds with his 'lion fighting' scars :D

It's the Lion I feel sorry for...

He's a journo, just what do you expect? Good drills on the part of the Lion mind :lol:

That was funny, the Lion should have ate the cnut, then had the other bloke for pudding :)

Journos in lion cages....

We need to start a trend for only buying papers that have journos being mauled by danger creatures :D

If it bleads, it leads.

'This week I have been mainly eating journos' springs to mind.

I liked his 'it's only a scratch' piece to camera straight after when in reality he wanted to shout 'aaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh I nearly died in there you bas***ds'!

Shame it wasn't Jim Shortt in the cage, I'd have loved to have seen him trying to jap slap that Tiger.

Andy_S

LE
Book Reviewer
There are some uncharitable opinions on this thread. The temptation to do a runner - or at least lash out - while a lion is dining on one's limb must be overwhelming. Good drills by the hack, and good comeback. He stayed cool despite the fact that he was losing a fair bit of claret rather than sitting down and having a good cry. (Great clip for tourism promotion, BTW, and he will have a tremendous scar to show his mates in the boozer. He is lucky they captured this on film - otherwise who'd believe him?)

He behaved a lot more chappishly than the American National Geographic presenter who got bitten on the leg by an underwater reticulated python in the "Cave of Death" in Indonesia: Both during and after his nip, that bloke was yelping and screaming like a blouse.

There again, if I had a choice between being mauled by a big cat and maulted by a big snake, I'd take the cat.

Andy_S said:
There are some uncharitable opinions on this thread. The temptation to do a runner - or at least lash out - while a lion is dining on one's limb must be overwhelming. Good drills by the hack, and good comeback. He stayed cool despite the fact that he was losing a fair bit of claret rather than sitting down and having a good cry. (Great clip for tourism promotion, BTW, and he will have a tremendous scar to show his mates in the boozer. He is lucky they captured this on film - otherwise who'd believe him?)
agreed. pretty ballsy and entertaining video. so what if he's a journo? at least he's doing something exciting!

RangeStew said:
Shame it wasn't Jim Shortt in the cage, I'd have loved to have seen him trying to jap slap that Tiger.
The big cat would've lost.

Jimbo's lightning speed changes of costume (so quick he'd resemble a burred Moth) would've stopped that thing in its tracks.

While it was mentally thinking "WTF??", Jimbo would have made it's ears bleed with an oral recitation of his CV.

Mind you, if Jimbo was still there once the Cat woke up....

He'd probably give it heartburn.

Jimbo 1 Simba nil

poor cat....

Andy_S said:
He behaved a lot more chappishly than the American National Geographic presenter who got bitten on the leg by an underwater reticulated python in the "Cave of Death" in Indonesia: Both during and after his nip, that bloke was yelping and screaming like a blouse.

There again, if I had a choice between being mauled by a big cat and maulted by a big snake, I'd take the cat.
See what you mean... looks like a really bad bite? :hungry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI2AeYLZZWU

He's the son of Julian Starmer Smith late RA, nephew of England scrum-half and commentator Nigel.