Don't they have electricity in Scotland?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by sunoficarus, Feb 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I don't understand this with politicians. They seem to think the Earth's rotation should change to their pathetic whims. Okay, Greenwich is a pretty random pick but fine - it's noon in the UK when the Sun is at its highest measured from Greenwich. Not 1300.

If people want longer evenings - not a problem. Get up earlier ...
  2. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

This is merely the prelude to the Euro lovers persuading the "yoof" that they must involve the ECHR in regard to their human rights to have more sunshine at the times to suit them best. If they win (as they must according to the new rules) then it would be another fable helping to emphasise that we are europeans and therefore must stay as members of the Euro Soviet Republics.
  3. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

A recent survey revealed that 87% of Scots cannot afford a watch. The East Lothian Question again?
  4. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

You've misinterpreted the survey data. 87% of Scots can't tell the time. The other 13% don't understand the concept of time. And presumeably the East Lothian question is "What's the time, mister?"
  5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

As someone who lives in East Lothian I very much resemble that remark.

Is it time for my medicine yet nurse?
  6. To solve the problem.... keep time as it is, just alter working hours so that we fall in line with Europe. That gets around the problems with dark mornings
  7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

To continue my rant from East Lothian, the EL Question is surely (or should that be shoorley) is, "Why don't the English **** off and leave nature alone?".

If you want a longer time in the sunshine then as my Learned Friend the member for Idrach points out, all the lazy bastards in England have to do is get up earlier. Job jobbed.

And anyway, it is not as if the southern poofters actually did any work now is it?
  8. For once, I'm on the side of the Scots!
    I vaguely remember something along these lines about 35 years ago. I think it was tried and DID lead to more accidents.
    Never mind tourism, I suspect it's another attempt to Europeanise us by bringing us into line with European time.
  9. Well these southern poofters are keeping Scotland afloat with benefits and subsidies. :D
  10. Electricity in Scotland? There are still places North of Aberdeen that don't have flushing toilets.
  11. Yeah, Cheers **** off and leave the daylight alone, you mash bastards!
  12. Good, I hope the SE do affect this barmy decision & give the fingers to you know who ;-)

There was a trial of this done before, which failed, I also recently watched a documented on this very subject complete with academics voicing their reserve & argument..
  13. Stupid idea. Stick with Zulu and forget all this 'British Summer Time' nonsense while you're at it, it'd make everything a lot simpler. You're not going to tip Earth on its axis so you've only got the same number of seconds between dawn and dusk anyway.

Live with it.
  14. That's only because they're frozen solid between November and March. It does wonders for your bladder control.