• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Don't they have electricity in Scotland?

#2
I don't understand this with politicians. They seem to think the Earth's rotation should change to their pathetic whims. Okay, Greenwich is a pretty random pick but fine - it's noon in the UK when the Sun is at its highest measured from Greenwich. Not 1300.

If people want longer evenings - not a problem. Get up earlier ...
 

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
#3
This is merely the prelude to the Euro lovers persuading the "yoof" that they must involve the ECHR in regard to their human rights to have more sunshine at the times to suit them best. If they win (as they must according to the new rules) then it would be another fable helping to emphasise that we are europeans and therefore must stay as members of the Euro Soviet Republics.
 

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
#5
A recent survey revealed that 87% of Scots cannot afford a watch. The East Lothian Question again?
You've misinterpreted the survey data. 87% of Scots can't tell the time. The other 13% don't understand the concept of time. And presumeably the East Lothian question is "What's the time, mister?"
 
#7
To solve the problem.... keep time as it is, just alter working hours so that we fall in line with Europe. That gets around the problems with dark mornings
 

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#8
To continue my rant from East Lothian, the EL Question is surely (or should that be shoorley) is, "Why don't the English **** off and leave nature alone?".

If you want a longer time in the sunshine then as my Learned Friend the member for Idrach points out, all the lazy bastards in England have to do is get up earlier. Job jobbed.

And anyway, it is not as if the southern poofters actually did any work now is it?
 
#9
For once, I'm on the side of the Scots!
I vaguely remember something along these lines about 35 years ago. I think it was tried and DID lead to more accidents.
Never mind tourism, I suspect it's another attempt to Europeanise us by bringing us into line with European time.
 
#10
To continue my rant from East Lothian, the EL Question is surely (or should that be shoorley) is, "Why don't the English **** off and leave nature alone?".

If you want a longer time in the sunshine then as my Learned Friend the member for Idrach points out, all the lazy bastards in England have to do is get up earlier. Job jobbed.

And anyway, it is not as if the southern poofters actually did any work now is it?
Well these southern poofters are keeping Scotland afloat with benefits and subsidies. :D
 
#13
Good, I hope the SE do affect this barmy decision & give the fingers to you know who ;-)

There was a trial of this done before, which failed, I also recently watched a documented on this very subject complete with academics voicing their reserve & argument..
 
#14
Stupid idea. Stick with Zulu and forget all this 'British Summer Time' nonsense while you're at it, it'd make everything a lot simpler. You're not going to tip Earth on its axis so you've only got the same number of seconds between dawn and dusk anyway.

Live with it.
 
#16
To continue my rant from East Lothian, the EL Question is surely (or should that be shoorley) is, "Why don't the English **** off and leave nature alone?".

If you want a longer time in the sunshine then as my Learned Friend the member for Idrach points out, all the lazy bastards in England have to do is get up earlier. Job jobbed.

QUOTE]

Absolutely seconded Auld_Yin

I would add "if it's not broke, don't fix it"
 
#18
To continue my rant from East Lothian, the EL Question is surely (or should that be shoorley) is, "Why don't the English **** off and leave nature alone?".

If you want a longer time in the sunshine then as my Learned Friend the member for Idrach points out, all the lazy bastards in England have to do is get up earlier. Job jobbed.

QUOTE]

Absolutely seconded Auld_Yin

I would add "if it's not broke, don't fix it"
If it ain't broke, set up a cross-party committee of numpties who don't know what they're doing to spend money cost-analysing doing something about an imaginary problem that they can't define and can't change meaningfully anyway. Plus ca change......
 

Latest Threads