Dont take the P1SS

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Mitchthebar, Oct 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just got sent this by a mate at work, comments invited.

The Urine Test

This was written by a rig worker in the North Sea . Makes a lot of sense!

I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to earn that pay cheque, I work on a rig for a drilling contractor. I am required to pass a random urine test for drugs and alcohol, with which I have no objections to.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a benefit cheque because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand that I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sit on their arse drinking beer and smoking dope.

Could you imagine how much money the government would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a benefit cheque?

Please pass this along if you agree or simply delete if you don't.

Hope you will pass it along though, because something has to change in the UK , and soon.
  2. Sounds very fair to me.

Unemployed, dope smoking, beer drinking layabout fcukers!
  3. Good idea, but assuming this isn't a wah you must realise that implementing it would be of far greater cost than actually just giving out the benefits anyway
  4. Massive lines of worried looking unwashed types outside each and every 'dole office'

Maybe they'll spill onto the road slightly

Maybe my brakes don't work so well as I drive past...
  5. fair point
  6. I like it! :D
  7. Not a wah! I hear what you say, but just consider how much the government spend trying to catch out the swindling barstewards the are claiming illegally.
  8. Gets my vote
  9. I would think a well publicised campaign announcing random tests would have an immediate effect. I left in 92 and was stunned to find the amount of plebs milking evey penny and flaunting the rules.Failure without a docs note immediate stop of benifits. 3 months clean sheet re apply.
  10. Now that is a bloody good idea.

But since it is such a good idea, makes sense and would save the government money it'll never happen!
  11. It's a good idea...i think it would do well! the money it would cost can obviously be off set by the money saved 'cos loads of the useless, layabout w@nkers would fail the test and so not get paid.
    this would have a 2 fold benefit:

1. People that do try their damndest to find work would still get their cheque.. so happy days!
    2. Those that are on the "hard stuff" will have to stop using it to get any money or be forced to stop to get any money, therefore they would spend less on their "habit", and therefore need less money to live on!!

The Gubbermint get's a saving, and a new health propoganda item (Lets Stop Doing Drugs!!), the fat useless g@t's get to save money and have a free "cold Turkey" program!!

Good Times!
  12. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

It's a good idea, but the test would have to be checked there and then (is this possible?) by qualified medical practitioners, which won't be cheap.
    It would actually create jobs though, as people would have to be employed specifically for it. Although they too should be tested, just to stop cross contamination.

The only negetive I can think of is that it would increase crime, as those druggies who are no longer being given money to feed their habit, will steel, rob, mug for it instead. This in turn would up the police case load and paperwork, meaning less coppers on the street to catch the druggies in the first place.

I'm sure there are other positives and negetives to it, but they are the main ones I can think of.
  13. My bold: yes it would create jobs, but it would also cause the loss of jobs for benefit fraud investigators. On paper it's a good idea, but flawed in many ways.

I think it would be better for the benefits system to be overhauled massively, perhaps stopping cash payouts and giving people food, electric, gas (etc etc) vouchers instead
  14. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

I don't think it would mean the loss of benefit fraud investigators at all. As there are other benefits that are claimed that wouldn't come under this type of system. Although I agree with you ref the vouchers.
  15. I can hear it now,
    "I know my rights.You are discriminating against me,because I live an alternative lifestyle.Innit"