Don't skip your old laptop batteries...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drop them in a sock and use them to negotiate with the moustachioed chap who cleaned your windscreen at the traffic lights.

And where are these poor unfortunates going to find a suitable 12v supply to recharge them?

Anyway, everybody knows that batteries have a memory, and any poor sod who gets my old laptop batteries will find it runs out of juice at a critical moment.

Admittedly the 3rd country slum dweller probably won't be bothered about losing an Excel macro that took hours to craft, but the battery will still crap out just as he's doing something important to him. Having a crap for instance.

Last edited:
... any poor sod who gets my old laptop batteries will find it runs out of juice at a critical moment.

Admittedly the 3rd country slum dweller probably won't be bothered about loosing an Excel macro that took hours to craft, but ...

SESO

Earth will get all excited that you have slighted his part of the world ya know!

Unfortunately, despite having 10 Billion dollars allocated to the Alphabet fund, due to distribution issues and local governance 'earth' hasn't yet been given a capital letter for his name.

Unfortunately, despite having 10 Billion dollars allocated to the Alphabet fund, due to distribution issues and local governance 'earth' hasn't yet been given a capital letter for his name.
Well how the **** am I supposed to start a sentence then? FFS!

He's fun though isn't he? Can we keep him?
Yes, we're going to let him be Jarrod's dhobi-wallah.

Most laptop batteries require a 20v supply for charging (l0oking at my laptop PSU).

Apart from which, they might use the batteries in their space programme. And we don't want that do we?

I have a horrible feeling the Li-Ion batteries that this scheme delays from entering the waste stream will make a bigger impact when they finally do enter the waste stream.

I don't think, although happy to be corrected, recharging is an issue. The batteries will be charged up, connected to an LED and gifted to the poor.

The LED will pull next to nothing from what the battery is capable of pushing, so will last for a lot longer than your normal light system. Maybe the 'dead' units will be charged centrally and re-issued.

Yes, we're going to let him be Jarrod's dhobi-wallah.

Most laptop batteries require a 20v supply for charging (l0oking at my laptop PSU).

Apart from which, they might use the batteries in their space programme. And we don't want that do we?
Jarrods standards will be too high

Someone is always thinking up ways of getting cheap light to the poor of the world but for some reason they never seem to come to much.
There was a brilliant clockwork light that worked by just letting a weight slowly drop which spun a dynamo and powered an LED bulb. No effort required and apparently cheap to make. Anyone seen one in the shops?

Where is "earth" when you need him? Maybe he can tell us about some space program that happened recently?

Someone is always thinking up ways of getting cheap light to the poor of the world but for some reason they never seem to come to much.
There was a brilliant clockwork light that worked by just letting a weight slowly drop which spun a dynamo and powered an LED bulb. No effort required and apparently cheap to make. Anyone seen one in the shops?
Or alternatively, the green lobby could stop holding these people back by not sanctioning them for using fossil
Fuels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads