Don't mind the ROPs but confused by the rules.....

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by no-body, Aug 12, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I’m not whining – I deserve my ROPs. I was facetious and in an inappropriate part of the site so I totally deserved my weeks yellow card and sin bin.

What I don’t understand are the parameters of the punishment. This is my first time and as a ROPs virgin – well on a forum site anyway, I’m confused.

So far I seem unable to PM, which is fine I don’t use that very often anyway. But I am unable to post or reply etc only in the following subject areas:

Current Affairs, News and Analysis
    Arrse – site issues
    Forces Discount
    MOD News
    And a couple of others?

So is it linked to the MOD who ROPed you in the first place? Yet I seem to be able to post in the forum where I committed my sin? Any advice from experienced naughty steppers please…..
  2. Goto the guardroom and get inspected, do shite jobs for few hours
  3. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

All of those you've listed bar Site Issues are in 'the Serious Bit' and you'll be barred from there automatically as well as SI. It's not linked to whomever issued the infraction.
  4. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. You Wretch!

& it doesn't sound like you're whinging............Much!
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Just want to know where I'm banned from!

Well apart from Jersey obviously......

6. Thanks for that Sixty, thats ok then I dont go in there very often anyway.....
  7. Is it the time of year when mods get bored and create barely plausible new sock puppets who post inane questions in the recruiting section with the specific intent of enticing genuine members to commit some minor transgression thereby attracting infractions, thus allowing genuine new members to ask imbecilic questions with a deal more impunity?
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Yes!

Just realised it's the NAAFI. cunts the lot of 'em!
    Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  9. I couldn't possibly comment. No really I couldn't..... Fan of Blackadder are we?

10. Hello co-defendant.....
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Sounds like the Knights of Righteousness are enjoying a game of Queggitch to me...

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  12. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Christmas bonuses.
  13. Ah makes sense now Baldrick.....
  14. Was the repainting of the score board completed? I haven't been able to make the last few meetings so I'm out of date.
  15. Yeh a brother from the Milan chapter did it for a favour owed ;)