Don't mess with the boys from Sky News......

Covering the G8 protest for Sky - after a long day we ended up outside Charing Cross Police station.
I d some trouble with a couple of scutters already. We were just at the end of a 'live' when one of the scutters makes a lunge for Mark White - he dealt with the bloke robustly and I, thinking that we were no longer 'on air' followed with the camera...

[video=youtube;rXb7_8wgKzw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXb7_8wgKzw&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

'Don't you fucking come near me...' whoops.

The police, who saw the whole thing, were very sympathetic.
One of the protesters' legal observers came over and tried to take notes about the incident. Poor lad. He given the facts and sent on his way.

Shortly afterwards the protesters, who'd until then had been chanting 'Fuck the fascist police' tried to complain to the law about us being rough with them.

Nice to see a human reaction there from the face in front of the camera, I'll buy him a drink . Shame he didn't just spark the dirty unwashed cunt out. (I'd of given him a bottle of single malt to have seen that)

Funny thing was I bumped into the twat on Charing Cross road a bit later. He was on his own - when he saw me he pulled his coat over his head and ran off.

Mark scared the crap out of the git: I suspect there maybe an interview without coffee for broadcasting the colourful language though.

top marks
its about time a few of these scum got a knock back
One of the twats got tripped up by a MET TSG bloke and sent flying head first into the gutter...

'Did you film that?' says the scutter.
'yes I did thanks'
'I want to see it, I was assaulted'
'Yes you were - serves you right, fuck off'

I sometimes think that the SWP must be employed by some sinister corporate conspiracy, to discredit their enemies. Then I remember the SWP/black bloc types I have known and remember that they're perfectly capable of discrediting themselves without any sinister paymasters to set them to the task.

I sometimes think that the SWP must be employed by some sinister corporate conspiracy, to discredit their enemies. Then I remember the SWP/black bloc types I have known and remember that they're perfectly capable of discrediting themselves without any sinister paymasters to set them to the task.
Quite a large portion of the group congregating outside Charing Cross Nick were chanting Italian anti-fascist slogans. The scruffy bint who laid into me was Spanish, as was her mate who got an elbow in his eye. The usual suspects were there in masks and hoodies (we'd already filmed them before they donned their disguises of course) and a good 20 percent of the collective haven't a clue what they are protesting about and just go along for a laugh. As I get older these people seem to get younger and weedier.

D

Davetheclown

Well done Mark, as for Big Eye wouldnt it be funny if the police had got the footage of the protestors before masks, ;-)
I was outside Parliament the other day the press were doing a interview and this dullard was following behind with a card. Amazed he hasnt been arrested for it.

That big fluffy microphone you carry, wouldnt it be funny if was a truncheon inside, and it would be muffled if casually dropped on a protestors head.

Be safe dude,

Well done Mark, as for Big Eye wouldnt it be funny if the police had got the footage of the protestors before masks, ;-)
I was outside Parliament the other day the press were doing a interview and this dullard was following behind with a card. Amazed he hasnt been arrested for it.

That big fluffy microphone you carry, wouldnt it be funny if was a truncheon inside, and it would be muffled if casually dropped on a protestors head.

Be safe dude,
we've often had the discussion about police access to tapes. The bottom line is that irrespective of our sympathies we aren't here to collate intelligence for the police. Should a serious incident take place the police will apply for the tapes and there would have to be a very good reason why they were denied. The police have overt observers with cameras that do exactly what we do and have plenty of footage of the usual idiots.

'Crossing the line' can be dangerous; along time ago at a May Day protest a news producer was overheard by protesters pointing out particularly naughty troublemakers. When he returned to the mob he and his cameraman got a good kicking.

They usually turn on us eventually and there are scuffles... We work as 3 man teams including a (usually exSF) back watcher so we can hand it back to them if we have to.

I have been present when the police have held a crew and grabbed their tape: that was when a 'comedy' show set up Tom Cruise at a Mission Impossible premier and soaked him with a fake mic. The crew, from E4's Balls of Steel, were arrested.

Funny how the feckers hate all things capitalist, but they must have to utilise some sort of private travel to get around in order to protest, seeing as we've not had any reports of ox carts clogging up the M25 etc. thus they feed the corporate greed that they see etc.
Twats. Burn them.
Yeah, getting on a bus or train means that you have to agree with every single aspect of society as it stands, and never utter a word of complaint about anything.

You fucking nugget.

Latest Threads