Dont mention the War(ne)

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by slipperman, Aug 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Shane Warne has announced he will apply for a German Passport (his Mum is a B*xhead) so that he is not Hampshire's overseas player next year. Thank F*ck Germany don't have a Cricket team!

2. I was trying to think of some sharp witticism, but having sat here like a bunter for the last few minutes, will 'fess up and face the flack.
    Tin hat on.

3. Did anyone follow the link and see the Teutonic name of the German Captain.

4. Typical - I knew I should have done my research before posting! :D

craftsmanx. Good spot. I reckon on at least half the team being of similar extraction. I know there is a large expat community of Sri Lankans and Indians in Germany.
    Mind you, I don't think England can take the moral high ground, as our team is made up of a wide variety of nationalities.

5. Ah that great German cricketer JHWNS (Johnny heute will nicht schlagen) von Himmelstorf...I remember his innings in '34 - or was it '35 - for Eleven Gentlemen of Bavaria against the dear old Nazi Party Ramblers...