Dont let your grandmother die

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by lsquared, Aug 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Another new 'tax' - well done 'Stalin'. Which 'tax' is this? It is the:

'Do not allow your grandparents of parents to die, otherwise we will charge you 3% interest on the Inheritance Tax you OWE us'.

My son-in-law's father died in January 2008. The father left a falling down house on about half an acre in Feltham. The old man refused to rectify any faults with the house. The house and land has been 'valued' at £550,000, together with a further £90,000 in cash and belongings.

My son-in-law has an Inheritance Tax bill of around £130,000. He is a serving policeman with three children, an expensive wife (my daughter) and a mortgage and cannot even think about paying such a sum.

The property cannot be sold due to many factors, not least the 'Recession' and the Council's absolute refusal to allow any form of development.

Son-in-law is between the proverbial rock and the hardest of hard places - now this disreputable government see fit to punish him further for allowing his 80 year old father to die!!!

2. Dead people can't vote, so fcuk'em.