Dont know if its been on here yet but always knew it

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by crosbunny, Aug 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yer actual "Bonjour matelot" ad.

2. That picture deserves an airing of its own!!

Attached Files:

3. Looks it

4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

So brutal, his 'hubby' appears to have forced his way straight through the back part of his trousers! Saves pulling them down I 'spose.

5. That's the worrying part 8O

6. I wonder if the phrase "prepare to be boarded" was used?

7. Definitely one for "Up the arrse corner" in Viz!

I bet the poor chap has also tested positive for cocaine and sperm too!

8. You can't tell me that during the whole design process that this poster went through, no one had even a little glimmer at the back of their mind about how this looked.

9. Probably an Ex Squaddie worked on it!

:D

10. I think it was designed by the Army

11. It reminds me of the Royal Navy's recruitment campaign of the 70's:

"Join the Royal Navy and feel a new man every day"

12. What he was dreaming about having his back doors kicked in by a matelot?????????? over a cannon too, very imaginative :D

13. This reminds me of a story I heard about Hyundai. They were looking to launch their new family saloon in the UK which was called the Hyundai C r a p.
    Obviously the PR boys were quickly informed that this name would be totally unsuitable for the English speaking world so they turned to a London-based ad company to come up with a suitable name. They came up with the name Hyundai Pony which was adopted. A stroke of pure genius, the copywriter must have been a squaddie at some time.

14. In which case probably a former member of a certain mortar platoon worked on it!