Don't Know if i am good enough

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by RedRonin, Mar 31, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,
    I am thinking of becoming a military police soldier. I have my barb test next month, i was 14 stone at the beginning of the year but with lots of motivation and exercise i got down to 9 stone 12lbs. I have been practicing going on the 1.5 Mile run and my personal best is 11.57. I am working on my fitness and i want to know if with improvement i could be good enough?
  2. Considering you've lost over 4 stone in 3 months, there's no doubting your determination. Alas, to blend in with your fellow monkeys you're going to have to put it all back on.
    • Like Like x 6
  3. Of course you will. Just keep running and you'll get fitter. Loads of good advice on TRAINING
  4. Work on your attitude as well. To be a RMP you'll need a chip, no, a bag of spuds on both shoulders. Thick skin, an ability to miss the blindingly obvious and a misguided sense of importance. Couple all that with a sense of humour vortex and you're on to it.

Go for it and good luck.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Mate we all had doubts before we joined (well some, I was always awesome :). ). If it's what you want, stick at it and go for it.

But the f*cking monkeys mate, have a word with yourself ^~
  6. Young man, you bring a tear to my eye! You never know, with that sort of rapid weight loss, you could follow in the foot steps of the legend that was Al 'The Body' B****s, who, having starred on the Kilroy Show as Weight Watchers Slimmer of the year (having lost 30 stone), joined the Corps at a paltry 14 stone...........put it all back on whilst serving and patrolled the mean streets of Germany, weighing in at an eye watering (circa) 30 stone. Needless to say, the number of 'run downs' significantly dropped during his tenure; I digress...

..welcome and salutations.
  7. Well done lad, losing that much weight must've been hard! You are running in at 12 minutes atm but I think you've already proven you've got the right mentality. Just keep working on the running, it'll come down.
  8. i was a chunk before too, lost loads of weight since jan, work on the run im about the same at the mo and passed preadsc, run run and run more.

RMP? ive heard the term 'morale hoover' used by a few mates currently serving, however my besties RMP and hes ok......
  9. Give it a crack RedRonin, the more phys you do the better you'll become at it.

Remember though, if you do fail a PFT, ensure you say loudly "If you were to stick a bergen on my back I could keep going all day".

This will reinforce to the naysayers that you are indeed a warrior and not an overweight food thief.

Good luck.
  10. Thanks for the advice lads! Got my run time down to 10.50 today. i really pushed myself and did not stop as much times as i did before! I am going to keep working on my fitness and try my hardest and hopefully i will get in the army :)
    • Like Like x 1