Dont Help them out in this case

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by RABC, Aug 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just received this :

Dear Friend, Please forgive this unusual manner of contacting you, Let me start by introducing myself. My name is Mr. Albert .B. Smith. I was into currency exchange business, a British national from United Kingdom. I have been diagnosed with Oesophageal cancer. It has defied all forms of medical treatment, and right now I have only about a few months to live, according to medical experts. I have not particularly lived my life so well, as I never really cared for anyone (not even myself) but my business. Though I am very rich, I was never generous, I was always hostile to people and only focused on my business as that was the only thing I cared for. But now I regret all this as I now know that there is more to life than just wanting to have or make all the money in the world. I believe when God gives me a second chance to come to this world I would live my life a different way from how I have lived it. Now that God has called me, I have willed and given most of my property and assets to my immediate and extended family members as well as a few close friends .I want God to be merciful to me and accept my soul so, I have decided to give alms to charity organizations, as I want this to be one of the last good deeds I do on earth. So far, I have distributed money to some charity organizations in the U.A.E, Somalia and Malaysia. Now that my health has deteriorated so badly, I cannot do this myself anymore. I once asked members of my family to close one of my accounts and distribute the money which I have there to charity organization in Bulgaria and Pakistan; they refused and kept the money to themselves. Hence, I do not trust them anymore, as they seem not to be contended with what I have left for them. The last of my money which no one knows of is the huge cash deposit of Twenty five Million dollars ($25,000,000.00) that I have with financial institution abroad. I will want you to help me collect this deposit and invest it in your line of business and dispatch the profit to dispatch to charity organizations. Please kindly note that upon the receipt of these funds from the financial institution abroad, you shall invest it in your line of business and dispatch the profit to charitable home. As soon as i receive your response, I shall communicate with you, and let you know the details of the transfer. Whatever your actions and your decision, I thank you for taking the time to read this email.

Regards, Mr Albert .B. Smith

What should I do ???
  2. You lucky barsteward not many people get a chance to make a difference in this world just you and me once the cheque for 10 grand i sent has cleared
  3. Well I'm convinced!
  4. Trash can.
  5. I got this yesterday.

Can't believe how lucky I am, spent most of it already.

"Microsoft#153-corporations management worldwide is pleased to inform you that you are a winner of our annual MICROSOFT#153; USER AWARD-Lottery conducted in United Kingdom. Your personal e-mail address or company email was attached to Serial No: SALP97585. Subsequently winning in the first lottery category. You have therefore been approved for a total sum of £800,000 (Eight Hundred Thousand United Kingdom Pounds) Credited to FILE No: B665 75608567. With REF.:pEC/9030108308/08. This is from total prize money of £60,000,000, awarded to Seventy-five (75) lucky winners in first category. All participants were selected through our Microsoft#153; computer ballot system, drawn from user emails from Canada, Asia, Australia, United States, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Oceania as part of international "MICROSOFT#153; USER" promotions program which is conducted annually.
    157-197 Buckingham palace roads London sw1w 9sp, United Kingdom"
  6. Well, if you're doubtful, AWOL, why not call the National Audit Office (who reside at 157-197 Buckingham Palace Road, SW1W 9SP) and ask them if you could talk directly to Mr Thomas in their claims department...? 8O
  7. I got a 192 type spam email a few years back, and replied asking them to fax me the details of exactly where to meet in Nigeria, and who would be meeting me. I gave them the fax number of the Serious Fraud Office.

A funnier way to fuck them up :D
  9. 419, I always was a fyslexic ducker.
  10. Gee, I'm really mystified now... I thought Al Smith had died already... I mean, He told me over a year ago he only had a few months to live..
    Guess medical science has taken an advance in the intervening space.. Glad to see the guy is hanging on, but saddened to note he's still ' terminal '..

Still, If I recall correctly, he was able to pull himself off the ' deathbed' to get involved in a scheme to remake the Monty Python Parrot Sketch in local lingo a while back.. Think 419scammers ' chronicled' the adventure.. ended badly, I seem to remember, so not surprised he's had a relapse..

As for me, I'm still waiting for the CocaCola Company to deposit my ' interational winnings' to the account of my choice.. Follow ups with their head office in Atlanta seem to have been ignored... switching to drinking Pepsi in protest..