Dont ever call the Welsh English!!!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by a_nony_mouse, Nov 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

So, she wasn't too upset at being called a bitch, it was the English bit that annoyed her?

Right, I'm spending the weekend digging out Offas Dyke!

(sounds like a lady friend of mine who wears sensible shoes)
  2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Thats the welsh for you, little people.

But look at the snout on that porker... 8O

3. Think the 'bitch' bit might have had something to do with it. Be careful what you call your other half or you could spend Christmas away from all the festivities, carol singers and have a nice quiet room to yourself with hot meals served ... :roll:
  4. And so he should!! I'd be p1ssed of if someone accused me of being English too!!
  5. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I thought you were English. Now I know you're not you can fcuk right off Johnny foreigner. :p
  6. Smudge is right, he should have been locked up but not for calling her English... having seen her surely he could have come up with something better and as for uncle Fester...
  7. How does that work then? Thick Irish tw@t! Does that mean all the time I was in NI I was actually fighting the Welsh?
  8. At the risk of injecting sense into the thread, he was done for showing he was prejudiced against the English, not the Welsh.

Anyway, we Welsh look on you English feckers as the mongrelised immigrants you are and appreciate the insults you hurl at us as the envious banter that it is. :twisted:
  9. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Well of course you should be looking on us as the subjugators of your principality, I mean you're not even a real country, and shaggers of your women. Your national dish is a root vegetable for fcuks sake, how can you expect to be taken seriously and that really sh1tty stupid accent you've got going on. Almost as bad as scousers, almost... :p
  10. Ok we all appreciate that she is a bitch and I don't think she would contest that issue. It's the English bit that got to her. I think I should point out that Wales is a vassal principality of England and not a sovereign state. Therefore all welsh people are by definition English.

Whose coat is this jacket?
  11. And how are things in the Principality, old chap?
  12. Sorry, Welsh I'm afraid......but I prefer being the underdog......or is that under a dog?? I can never remember.
  13. No under sheep by all accounts :wink:
  14. I take exception to the bold; our national dish is cheese on toast! (got to love the simplicity).

Fair one on the accents. Richard Burton's was cool though.

Wales is a Nation State and Constituent Country of Europe. The whole Principality thing was a blinding double cross from Longshanks to be fair.

The Welsh, much like the Scots, were too preoccupied fighting amongst themselves to do anything about it.
    As squaddies you'd know that any contest worth anything has to be against other squaddies as civvies can't keep up. It's the same for the Welsh. Fighting off the English upstarts may have given us some vaguely nebulous name to define the country for others but for ourselves it just was a lesser challenge to fight an inferior foe...

Calling a Welsh person English is like me calling an English person German/ Dutch/ French/ Swedish. Except I'd be a lot more accurate in doing so. :wink: