Dont die yet Maggie. We havent got the troops

Ah, the Mail on Sunday with the news that Margaret Thatcher will have a State funeral. (if we have the troops available).

Source: Mail on Sunday

Margaret Thatcher is to be given the ultimate accolade of a State funeral when she reaches the end of her days – the first British Prime Minister since Winston Churchill to be afforded such an honour.But the possibility of a formal procession could be jeopardised by fears that there are insufficient troops available to line the route because the Armed Forces are so overstretched in Afghanistan and Iraq.

That record has been played for so long , I think it came out on a 78. Oh, had a second look , Mail on Sunday, a no newspaper.

WW

Only the Mail would lead with this, in the worst week yet for knife crime in recent years.

Really does make you wonder how much Mo(n)gadon is being necked in the editorial meetings.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

How many troops would it take FFS? One to hammer the stake in, another to sow the salt...

If troops aren´t available, perhaps the miners could form coffin carriers :D

I doubt Mrs T will die soon, death is still dealing with the handbagging she gave him last time he turned up.

What a Lady. An Iron Lady.

""How many troops would it take FFS? One to hammer the stake in, another to sow the salt...""

Well Said!!!!

ABrighter2006 said:
Ah, the Mail on Sunday with the news that Margaret Thatcher will have a State funeral. (if we have the troops available).

Source: Mail on Sunday

Margaret Thatcher is to be given the ultimate accolade of a State funeral when she reaches the end of her days – the first British Prime Minister since Winston Churchill to be afforded such an honour.But the possibility of a formal procession could be jeopardised by fears that there are insufficient troops available to line the route because the Armed Forces are so overstretched in Afghanistan and Iraq.
I would be honoured to be any part in Madge funeral, even me as a sprog a dogg she has my utmost respect, more than these yes men that have been in power since. Just my opinion and dont mean to caude offence. Shame her son is off his nut!

Bl00dy Mail....

Only 3 other commoners in history have been given the accolade of State Funeral. Lord Nelson, Arthur Wellesley and of course Churchill.

Who thinks Mrs T deserves to have her name up with these 3 gentlemen, clearly some of the greatest britons that ever lived.

Who has more right to lie amongst our greatest heroes in either The Abbey or St Pauls?

Harry Patch or Mrs T.

Only a Nu Labour Government could have dreamt this sh!te up.........

Ahem, I do believe that, in a State Funeral, the Senior Service takes charge. Following an unfortunate incident at the funeral of Queen Victoria, the horse molestors are no longer trusted with such important affairs of state.

With 50+ ships mothballed since Labour got in, we've got loads of spare matelots!

smartascarrots said:
How many troops would it take FFS? One to hammer the stake in, another to sow the salt...
So wrong , but I laughed out loud.

Domovoy said:
She pulled Britain out of disastrous 70-th, does that count for anything with you?
Yes but we have always treated our politicians with contempt (or at the very least, satire) from the top of society to the bottom. Long may it continue - that kind of attitude has stopped us killing each other over political nonsense for most of the last 1,000 years.

brettarider said:
Domovoy said:
Most respected politician in recent memory.

Why talk about funeral arrangements, is DMail so desperate for her to die?
Probably just needs her to peg it so they can win the dead pool sweepstake :twisted:
IIRC, this suggestion was put forward by Tony Blair when he was PM. No doubt keen to set a precedent for when he eventually pegs it.

Why wait for Blair to peg it , lets bury the basterd now , I'll volunteer to dig the hole to put him in , provided we can bury his wife at the same time

B

Biscuits_AB

I'll bet she's just chuffed to f*ck. She's not even dead yet and they've already planned her funeral.

Latest Threads