Dont call a spade a spade!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Acid_Tin, Apr 12, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Clam down? Step back? Realise what actions their ill-considered words cause? Behave like rational humans?

Clearly, ARRSE doesn't tolerate racism, but that's not my point here. What on earth are the electorate supposed to think when their leaders are behaving like total buffoons? How can these people attack the BNP for 'segregational' politics when they're clearly just as guilty?

Congrats to the Kennedy family btw! :D

Click here for full story from Sky News

2. Racism be damned; its not about race with gypsies - it is about their complete disregard for the accepted social norms that the majority of people put up with sans bleating. They say they want to live an alternative life-style outside our society but they don't mind using society when it pays them too.

If I build that extension I so dearly would love and don't get planning permission et cetera, watch the council stosstruppe deploy. If one of the Sullivan family (to name a noted passel of tinkers) do it, then it gets put in the "too difficult box" for enforcement but they still collect his rubbish from outside his illegal, non-council tax paying bungalow-gaff...

Yes, I will be voting for the Toryistas. If Bliar visits Glos. then he needn't waste his energy coming up the drive because I'll set the dogs on him. Or the wife. Actually if he does come up the drive he'll probably break his fat little ankles because I really need to do something about those pot holes...

3. I recall Roy Hattersly being asked in 1983 (?) whether Labour were afraid to discuss the 'race issue', and would use politically correct terms. He replied that he wasn't afraid "to call a spade a spade".

4. Keep it sensible.

5. [​IMG]

6. He said wot? :D

7. He said he wasn't afraid to call a spade a spade. It was either at a press conference during the election or a Question Time special. Either way no-one made much of it, suspect no-one saw it as meant in any other sense than 'plain speaking'. Common sense was allowed in those early PC-lingo days.

8. Surely this is no more than poltical opportunism as ever. Any opportunity for a sound bite justifies an excess of hot air, regardless of the party!

9. Trevor Phillips is a trouble-maker. He's always looking to stir up a problem where there really isn't one - to wit his call for racial segregation in schools to give black kids better teaching, and so on & so forth...

10. Does anyone else find it coincidental that on the day that Michael Howard makes a speech on "law and order" and therefore probably immigration, in the west midlands (large immigration drop-off zone), that the Times (labour leaning paper) produces an article by the Head of the CRE (Trevor Philips - hmmm, Labour member perhaps!) makes this ridiculous statement.

Good to see someone is able to conduct Joint-Up Operations!

11. Talking of Law & Order and Racism in the same breath - What's the legality of a Black Policeman's Association? Isn't it about time we had a White Policeman's Association too, just to balance things up. While we're at it, a Yellow one would be nice, and a Coffee coloured one would blend in!

12. Ah, leave them be. If some people want to consider themselves "different", then they shall be. It's a shame there can't just be one association, but a lot of non-white coppers probably feel they have a hard time breaking into the upper strata of any association or union that's still run largely by white people. More pangs of tribalism, methinks...