Don't bother trying to outrun the coppers in Dubai

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by PigGunner, Apr 12, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ahh, you've brought up a very good point and hence answered your own initial query.

2. Funny you should say that, I thought it was old news too! Or was that Italy?

3. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

They will write it off within weeks.

4. Insha'Allah.

5. lamborghini_1381243i.jpg

Yep Italy. So they can go in reverse at 200km per hour.

6. Like the rest of Dubai. Expensive for being expensives sake.

Dubai is just enjoying itself whilst it can. Once the liquid gold runs out they better embrace cheap tourism as that will be the only thing stopping it crumbling back in to a desert.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

7. The gollies, always a step behind.

Porsche 356 in NRW, Germany 1959:

[​IMG]

Lotus Esprit, UK, 1980's. This was a promo job, I recall they did one for RMP too.

[​IMG]

Austria, trial vehicle:

[​IMG]

Holland, back in the 80's. I got buzzed by one of these on my way to Calais one time:

[​IMG]

Australia, nowadays:

[​IMG]

South Korea:

[​IMG]

There was a promo Lambo made up for the Met in London.

Back in the 80's Thames valley Plod used to a have a Porsche 968 Club Sport out on the M3 and M4.

8. Theres a Ferrari and a Lambo too! But is that the States?

9. If you mean the last piccy that is south Korea.

Other than that; the boxhead Polizei in Bavaria used to have a couple of Ferrari 328's, might have been 308's, but I'm pretty sure they were 328's.

In septic land they have a peculiar arrangement for big drug busts whereby the police department making the bust get a percentage of the money seized and get some sort of dibs on the seized assets and property of the dealer too. Miami Police Dept has a history of hanging onto drug dealers Porsche, Ferrari & Lambos, tarting them up as plod cars and then using them for a while before auctioning them off. Its supposed to show the junior wannabee dealers that there is really no future in drugs.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Talk about spooky! I post a random picture of something that may have been of interest yesterday morning, then last night having dinner with my brother he announces that he has been posted for six months in....yes, that's right, Dubai!

11. Dubai hasn't got any oil and never has had any in any significant quantity - however don't let the truth get in the way of a rant!

12. The Dubians must be massaging the truth too then. Mrs Effendi was asked by her employer if she wanted an expat posting there a few years ago. I read through all the paperwork and promo literature that came through to try and convince us to move there. I distinctly remember that one of the claims was that Dubai had 400 years worth of oil at current rates of production.............I thought it was a tad dubious, but I don't suppose we will ever know the accurate figures.

No we did'nt go. Living on a big beach with some arabs and the only amusment being getting shitfaced did not appeal.