donkey in chief

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Grumblegrunt, Dec 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

How jolly, the pm today tells the troops they might be withdraw starting next year. Why? we all ready know they are over stretched, and underfunded/badly resourced so surely keeping troops there as an operational reserve is a better option or use the surplus to up man the fobs so they actually work! instead of being big pillboxes under siege untill the marines take over. The sub donkeys reckon we could well be there for decades so why not do it properly and plan for it, we can win a war with just advisors and no tactical stick.

are they that desperate to bring the boys home so they can hand them their p45's and save a few quid?

2. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Probably. They can't wait to make us an Island defence force to pinch those pennies.

3. Cameron, for whom I voted as Party Leader, has become a twerp - a twerp even greater than the arch twerp Blair.

Come the next General Election, by default, the Labour Party will return to power.

The Armed Forces will have ceased to exist and, Deo Volente I shall be resident, for tax purposes and in reality, in some friendly state. Some state where elitism is not frowned upon.

A state where crime is punished.
    A state that considers the education of children to be of utmost importance.
    A state wherein going to hospital with a minor problem does not entail the risk of being infected by a deadly 'bug' and where a person is not addressed as: 'love'.
    A state that controls its borders and its legislature.
    A state that is not run by a festering sewer full of unelected, unaccountable, faceless, power drunk Marxists.

The Blair 'spiv', seemingly so beloved of the astonishingly naive Cameron, pretty well destroyed this nation and the destruction was continued by the inept, socially unacceptable oikish oaf who demanded to replace him.

Cameron told us he would re-build the nation - when will the first sod be turned; the first brick laid; the first plank or piece of steel put in place?

Cameron is making the same mistake as his 'hero' Blair. That is to say: he is allowing the Treasury to rule the roost. The Treasury should be put into its box and told to find solutions not strangle every aspect of the nation's life.

UKIP next time.

4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I'm afraid I'm starting to agree with Wikil . . . sorry, the Americans on this one. Cameron is a twirp alright. He hasn't got what it takes, or what this country needs. A politician with both political savvy and a large enough set of nuts to do what is needed.

5. Much of what you say I agree with, but I would rather be in a place where you can say,'OK love?' Than the sterile PC shite that Harriet Harperson would have us live in.
    Pop down to Dartmoor area, wait until a large barman has returned with your drinks and said 'Two pints and here's your change my lover.' It threw me the first time until I found everybody found that area does much the same.
    I believe up north they use similar terms; Duck, love, kid, etc. Crack on.
    The 'Spiv' you so dislike, started much of this shite.

6. On a plus point, the new government recently decided to electrify the railway from Paddington to Oxford. That is not a bad thing. It may go further if a case/business plan can be made.

7. Titanic. Re arranging deck chairs!

8. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

His announcement to the lads and lasses in AFG that they can start withdrawing before the end of next year will no doubt have been a bit of a shock as I expect most of them will be expecting to be home in less than 6 months.

9. So there is your message to the Taliban. Keep your heads down, re-group and pretty soon we will be gone.

The message the Taliban now give to the un-decided population - support the coalition if you want but just remember - they go next year, then we will be back in control and will take retribution - your choice fellas!

If it wasn't for our politicians playing to the gallery and to the wet liberal press, we just might get the highly principled message: "We are committed to seeing this through because it is the right thing to do. We will stay until the job is done and we will make sure we supply the men, the tools and the political support to do the job properly. It will cost but we will pay the price rather than fail the world"

10. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

I reckon that hague had grown up some and is probably the best of the lot, he studies and writes about history unlike cameron who happened to come from a PR background which explains soooo much.

its a shame labour ruined the economy and set the rot in, the tories might have done a better job, as it is they havent got the guts to change stuff and get a grip on the holy grails of education and health, both of which need a world class shake up and slim down. what happened to the idea of getting business leaders in to run things as a businesses instead of money pits. mind you all our business leaders seem to like selling everything overseas and I dont fancy our health system run by kraft or eon.

11. Or there's your message to Karzai, and Obama: We're no longer willing to waste men, money and time fighting to support a corrupt puppet government staying in power. We're off, sort it between yourselves, and if any Afghan based jihadi has a go at UK, in UK, expect a Tomahawk shower in return.

12. That is a beautiful thought, oscar1w, unfortunately Dave is the Conservatives answer to Blair and modelled on him but with money foremost in mind. The Tomahawks would be too expensive.

13. No point in complaining now. Whilst I obviously don't know your political allegiance, there were many on this site who couldn't wait to get the Tories in. The Tories were going to wave a magic wand and everything would be good. Some others on this site had lived through the Tory 'experience' before, yet were decried when they posted their recollections of previous Tory 'support' for the forces.

If you voted Tory, then it's simply a case of having to lie in the be that you made, because they haven't even started yet.

14. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

But we didn't get Tory. We got Tory watered down by Lib. All sorts of things have to be rigged to keep enough Limp Dims on side to keep the Govt going. One false step and the Limp Dims can flip over to Miliband, pass a vote of no confidence, and the whole thing will be up in the air again.

Apart from his having less brain, I can't see the difference between Cameron and Blair nowadays.

15. Just how many tomahawks to teach 'em all a lesson? How many of the 70% of the population who support ISAF being in the country can we kill in your little shower?