Done myself a mischief.

G

goatrutar

Gents. Hurt my leg at work today. Went to see the doc this afternoon. Long story short he reckons I've torn a muscle in my calf.
I can still hobble around as long as I keep my ankle straight and take it steady.
Question I pose is, if I keep hobbling around will I do permanent damage?
Doc said I should take the week off,I'm self employed so that won't happen.

Any advice is appreciated.

Did you go to Medical School?

Don't question Doctors! He wouldn't just say stay off it for shits and giggles.

Just my oppinion.

MB

Take it easy as you can this week plus I recommend you look into Income protection insurance for the future!

did this last year, feels like someone tied a knot in the muscle? you should be able to hobble about okay, lather it in white tiger balm and dont do any running for a bit (think it took me 6-8 wks or so)

G

goatrutar

did this last year, feels like someone tied a knot in the muscle? you should be able to hobble about okay, lather it in white tiger balm and dont do any running for a bit (think it took me 6-8 wks or so)
Felt a popping sensation in my calf.

Simply put, if I don't work I don't get paid. I'll just take it as easy as I can.

Cheers

Did you go to Medical School?

Don't question Doctors! He wouldn't just say stay off it for shits and giggles.

Just my oppinion.

MB
Yeah and I bet the patients of Harold Shipman thought that as well.

G

goatrutar

... and the point of seeing a doctor when you ignore the advice given is???
Simple. I've not had this before and wanted to find out what was wrong.

I say again. If I don't work I don't get paid. I don't get ******* sick pay or compo. End of.

Have you thought about compression stockings, not the most attractive but should help with support. that and a walking stick.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I'm in a similar state myself, had a bit of a tumble on my motorbike yesterday and fucked my knee and ankle up something rotten.

I'm too nails to see a doc though, I'm just gonna walk it off.

So now you know what's wrong, what are you gong to do?

Why not analgese yourself up to the eyes... paracetamol & nsaids regularly plus gentle mobilisation? is that possible?