Done myself a mischief.

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by goatrutar, Oct 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gents. Hurt my leg at work today. Went to see the doc this afternoon. Long story short he reckons I've torn a muscle in my calf.
    I can still hobble around as long as I keep my ankle straight and take it steady.
    Question I pose is, if I keep hobbling around will I do permanent damage?
    Doc said I should take the week off,I'm self employed so that won't happen.

Any advice is appreciated.
  2. Did you go to Medical School?

Don't question Doctors! He wouldn't just say stay off it for shits and giggles.

Just my oppinion.

3. Goaty me old china, ignore the doc......what does he know?! It's your body afterall. You'll be fine.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Rest Ice Compression Elevation
  5. Go for a five mile run, that will sort you out! Always seemed to fix my hangovers :)
  6. Take it easy as you can this week plus I recommend you look into Income protection insurance for the future!
  7. I recommend that you don't bother. It's not worth the paper it's written on.
  8. Ignore the Doc, ******* quacks! 2 Anadin and hit it with a lump hammer until it goes numb.
  9. did this last year, feels like someone tied a knot in the muscle? you should be able to hobble about okay, lather it in white tiger balm and dont do any running for a bit (think it took me 6-8 wks or so)
  10. Felt a popping sensation in my calf.

Simply put, if I don't work I don't get paid. I'll just take it as easy as I can.

11. ... and the point of seeing a doctor when you ignore the advice given is???
  12. Yeah and I bet the patients of Harold Shipman thought that as well.
  13. Simple. I've not had this before and wanted to find out what was wrong.

I say again. If I don't work I don't get paid. I don't get ******* sick pay or compo. End of.
  14. Have you thought about compression stockings, not the most attractive but should help with support. that and a walking stick.
  15. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer