Done any panic buying for fuel yet?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by angular, Apr 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Despite clear suggestions that there's no need for stockpiling, every petrol station I passed from Cambridge to Colchester today had queues out the door. Is this happening where you are? Do people believe anything they're told by officaldom?

2. I dont give a feck. No fuel, cant work. Ill still get paid though.

3. Well I filled up last night, does that constitute panic buying?

4. No, because its plentiful and cheap where I am :wink:

5. no..... best excuse for a buckshee day off in years, thats if there is any shortages

6. It would depend on if the sun newspaper says its true or not.

7. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

As we no longer believe them no.

I can always remember being told that the oil brought ashore from the North Sea was of too high a grade to be turned into petrol/diesel so why are they now talking about not to panic buy?

8. Can we really be expected to believe anything that Liarbore says?

9. Another good reason for Scottish Independance, they switch off the tap, they suffer.

Pumps are overflowing in my neck of the woods.

10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

There hasnt been any panic buying here, its too damn pricey for that. There have been queues at filling stations but there always are on a saturday afternoon!

11. Do people believe anything they're told by officaldom

Of course not - we've been lied to so much over everything that 'boy who cried wolf' syndrome kicks in straight away.

12. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

If it offers a chance to get rid of Broon I'll happily panic buy, and convince others to do likewise.

What is worth remembering in this case is that if he hadn't destroyed the pension system with his money grab as Chancellor, this would not have happened - simple.

That sound of flapping you hear is all his chickens coming home to roost :)

13. Leaving work and driving past Sainsburys resulted in me waiting in a long queue of traffic. I was curious to know what was causing this tail back and I realised that 90% of those queuing were waiting to get into the bloody petrol station which was brimming with panic buyers. Rather annoying in my opinion!

14. I put some petrol in my car about 3 weeks ago and have only used it twice since. I'll panic later.

15. I'm fcuked-I have to fill my car up at least once a week and I only use the bloody thing to drive from my home on a Sunday back to base and going weekenders on a Friday-I don't use it during the week at all but it drinks petrol :(