Doncaster and an IED

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mr_Fingerz, Apr 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

2. "A bit of a hole" !! HOW VERY DARE YOU!

It's a lot of a hole....and to sort out most of our problems only one person should be taken out.

Step forward Martin Winter

3. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

My apologies. It's over twenty years since I was last there, and thought that things might have improved. Clearly, I was very mistaken :D

4. Should have let it go off, would have caused £0000s of improvements...

(Doncaster born and bred)

9SC

5. Fuc king Doncaster, pffft! They`ll do anything to get in the news these days - and now trying to get twinned with Baghdad. Where will it end?

6. Doncaster has literally had millions of pound notes thrown at it for improvements in recent years. Just a pity, there was no joined up thinking.

For example:-

Relocating the one and only road out of town to the North by a few hundred metres. Unfortunately for this to happen, they had to knock down the multi storey car park that supported the markets. Cue the death of the markets.

Build a new village & the biggest supermarket in the borough and then don't improve the roads. Despite the fact that a connecting road of half a mile would save a commute to the motorway of 5 miles through one of the busiest parts of town.

Build a new college campus (to include sixth form) despite the fact that the current one is under subscribed. Then when you don't get the students needed, close the existing (successful) sixth form schools down and make them go to your shiny new college.

Oh, and fail to sell or redevelop the old college.

Oh bollox - I sound like a GOM - anymore and I'll be moving...

basically we need some decent people in charge of this place so (first of all) kids stop getting killed....

</rant>