Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Donating Kitchen

I’ve recently bought a flat to renovate, and will soon be ripping the kitchen out as it’s a bit tired, but perfectly serviceable.

The kitchen consists of 10 cupboards, and a oven/hobs that work.

Does anyone know of a charity that I could donate it to? Ideally one that collects (though I’ll happily remove/dismantle it myself). I’m waiting on a response from the BHF.

Cheers.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
I’ve recently bought a flat to renovate, and will soon be ripping the kitchen out as it’s a bit tired, but perfectly serviceable.

Does anyone know of a charity that I could donate it to? Ideally one that collects (though I’ll happily remove/dismantle it myself). I’m waiting on a response from the BHF.

Cheers.
I wish you'd have told me that a few weeks ago...

BHF will defo take them, as long as they've got all the appropriate stickers on. You could also try these people Donate Goods | Donate Furniture | Donate Electrical Goods

Cheers.

Good man, take a like.

I hate binning perfectly useable stuff that could lead a second life and do the same too.

Good man, take a like.

I hate binning perfectly useable stuff that could lead a second life and do the same too.
Me too. I’ve gone on a bit of a reuse crusade recently. Just refurbished an oak dining table - secondhand from eBay, bit of sanding and good as new.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
St Vincent De Paul’s. Now known as Vincent’s I think. One of the few which will take and refit white goods. They may well take the kitchen too.

Nominally Catholic (if that makes any difference) But they help across the board. It’s one of the few ‘religious’ charities I give money to.

Me too. I’ve gone on a bit of a reuse crusade recently. Just refurbished an oak dining table - secondhand from eBay, bit of sanding and good as new.

Kids stuff with me mostly at the moment. The little toad grows out of a bicycle every six months, nearly new when his knee's are rattling on the handle bars so we shuffle them off to a local charity to give away. On bin day I regularly see people binning perfectly useable bikes that they could pass on.

I found six laptops last time we moved, SIX, all because the processors were dated. Perfectly useable for some kiddy who does not have one - cleaned the hard disks and shifted three of them to the school to give to deserving kids.

I'll find a good home, charity based as well. I will even collect & deliver it myself. My fuel is paid for by the taxman so wtf.

Truxx

LE
We did exactly what you propose and a charity from Carlisle came, stripped everything out and took it all to refit an elderly couples kitchen out. We put an ad on eBay priced at 99p and made it clear in the text we would like it to go to charity.

Last edited:

Latest Threads