Donating kit for Ukraine

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
" Stores are for Storing ! "
- Unless they are actually useful elsewhere?

I recently saw a post in An Other Place from an ex -serving colleague simply asking the question:

- I've got some current/recent kit which has been SIGNED OFF. Where can I send it , to help Ukrainian Defence forces ?

1647001683513.png

mainly well worn and out of date even then. It has been in my garage ever since, neither used nor particularly wanted. But it still works and it could help a minuscule bit I hope. There are plenty of ways of getting it to Ukraine; a quick internet search gave me a drop off point 40 minutes drive from where we live. My son and I are going to take it there in the morning. I encourage anyone else who can to do the same. Thank you.
Then I saw this, worth a two minute watch:

Note the need for medical supplies, field dressings, ballistic helmets etc .

Let's not kid ourselves - the Ukrainian Regular Army seems well equipped with modern professional kit.

But I'm sure quite a lot of Telic/Herrick era kit would be gladly received by UKR Territorial Defence units.

If it has been squared away by your Unit Supply O/signed off your flick then this may be an option.

( My own issued deserts belong in a museum - not suitable for a Ukrainian Spring (snow,minus 3) ! )
Anyway, FWIW.
OP updated here:

I have a few bits and bobs I can offer, gloves/NI patrol pack/sealed dressings/CAT sticks I can put together.
Will bimble them over to Pompey at some point.
Edited to add: Home | Ukraine Support - UK

Last edited:
Hi Goatman,

Just posted about this in the Charities sub-forum.

I'm currently trying to put together a collection in the Cornwall/ Devon area to go to a nonprofit called Army SOS. They're a Ukrainian volunteer organisation that supplies Ukrainian troops with gear like helmets, body armour, electronics, drones, etc.

Right now I'm trying to find a collection point, ideally in Plymouth. Donations will be going on to Army SOS's London contact, and on from there to Ukraine.

Also, there's an army surplus store in Northampton called The Combat Cellar that's taking kit donations to supply volunteer fighters and those travelling out to Ukraine to deliver medical equipment. They're working with a volunteer group on Facebook called UK Aid For Ukraine.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Hi Goatman,

Just posted about this in the Charities sub-forum.

I'm currently trying to put together a collection in the Cornwall/ Devon area to go to a nonprofit called Army SOS. They're a Ukrainian volunteer organisation that supplies Ukrainian troops with gear like helmets, body armour, electronics, drones, etc.

Right now I'm trying to find a collection point, ideally in Plymouth. Donations will be going on to Army SOS's London contact, and on from there to Ukraine.

Also, there's an army surplus store in Northampton called The Combat Cellar that's taking kit donations to supply volunteer fighters and those travelling out to Ukraine to deliver medical equipment. They're working with a volunteer group on Facebook called UK Aid For Ukraine.

hey there,

The Ukraine network link in the above post gives COLLECTION POINTS BY COUNTY.

This is the only Cornish one I could see, in Falmouth which may be nearer to you ?

NOTE their caveat:

Caution: please check the "verified" status of a location you intend to give supplies to. If a location states it is not verified, this simply means we have not manually checked the location yet - please be vigilant and aware of who you are giving donations to!

If you cannot find a location near you, please check back soon or register yourself on the Donate Supplies page to be placed on a waiting list. More locations are being added by volunteers across the country on an hourly basis.
------------------- extract ------------------------------
Cornwall: The Pier Cafe_Cornwall

Verified? No

Type of Distribution Centre : Local

Notes:

Full Address: The Pier Cafe Prince of Wales Pier Falmouth TR11 3DF

Postcode TR11 3DF

----------------------------- --------------------- -------------------
Pier Café has an FB page HERE - try giving them a call ?
-The scran doesn't look too bad either :)

PLYMOUTH

Name of Location

Commodores House
Verified? No
Type of Distribution Centre Local
Notes

Kit to be clean & serviceable. Drop off by arrangement only
Full Address
9 The Square Plymouth Pl1 3JX
Postcode Pl1 3JX
Open Days

• ALL
Opening Times As required, drop offs can be arranged.
Contact Number / Email 07813015310
-------------------- ---------------------------------------- -------------------------------- ----------------------
Good luck feller.

Goats

Edited to add, seen elsewhere: #Ukraine #Makeadifference
1647024024279.png

Last edited:

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Ahhhh..

My mistake...misread it the first time. There's one near to me, I'll pop in tomorrow and see if they want military kit

Check the centres to see if they are verified or not. It would be a shame but not surprising to see some unscrupulous types skimming off the best kit for their own eBay hustles

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
I agree Muddy Old Engineer....and that's why the first post contains the clear Caveat from the organisers.

The one near me is run by a serving Army Reservist, and endorsed by the local MP, herself until recently a serving Reservist... :shrug: we can only do what we can.

" Stores are for Storing ! "
- Unless they are actually useful elsewhere?

I recently saw a post in An Other Place from an ex -serving colleague simply asking the question:

- I've got some current/recent kit which has been SIGNED OFF. Where can I send it , to help Ukrainian Defence forces ?

View attachment 646425

Then I saw this, worth a two minute watch:

Note the need for medical supplies, field dressings, ballistic helmets etc .

Let's not kid ourselves - the Ukrainian Regular Army seems well equipped with modern professional kit.

But I'm sure quite a lot of Telic/Herrick era kit would be gladly received by UKR Territorial Defence units.

If it has been squared away by your Unit Supply O/signed off your flick then this may be an option.

( My own issued deserts belong in a museum - not suitable for a Ukrainian Spring (snow,minus 3) ! )
Anyway, FWIW.
OP updated here:

I have a few bits and bobs I can offer, gloves/NI patrol pack/sealed dressings/CAT sticks I can put together.
Will bimble them over to Pompey at some point.
Edited to add: Home | Ukraine Support - UK

Thanks for posting this and bravo The Portsmouth News & the increasing impressive Penny Morduant.

Ok I've got 3 helmets, Plce webbing bergans ... doss bags.

Anywhere in South Wales for it to be donated to go out
Hiyah Old Stab,

Sorry for not responding sooner. If the places in that list Goatman didn't mention aren't doing military donations, you could send the helmets directly to Army SOS if you could afford the postage, although that's a big ask I know. On their Facebook page they have a pinned post with a UK contact.

Alternatively, you could try setting up a similar push for kit where you are and see if there'd be any volunteer drivers for collection.

If there's enough stuff to justify it, if worse comes to worse I could always drive down and collect stuff myself and ferry it along, although I couldn't do next week.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
I agree Muddy Old Engineer....and that's why the first post contains the clear Caveat from the organisers.

The one near me is run by a serving Army Reservist, and endorsed by the local MP, herself until recently a serving Reservist... :shrug: we can only do what we can.
That is unbelievably naive of them.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I have a strong feeling that a lot of this donated kit will never make it to where it's meant to go and will end up on eBay or similar.

Plus, I'm not entirely sure I like the idea of some drafted civvie or volunteer dying a horribly painful death in my old kit when maybe just maybe, they'd have been less likely to get slotted if they were in their civvies.

Know where I'm coming from?

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer
I have a strong feeling that a lot of this donated kit will never make it to where it's meant to go and will end up on eBay or similar.

Plus, I'm not entirely sure I like the idea of some drafted civvie or volunteer dying a horribly painful death in my old kit when maybe just maybe, they'd have been less likely to get slotted if they were in their civvies.

Know where I'm coming from?
Yeah..

It can stay in my cave...
Nice idea but..

Yeah..

It can stay in my cave...
Nice idea but..
I would like to think...........(note that) that people of our ilk are generally straight down the line and want to help those in need or those that are doing just that. I do agree about the potential of misappropriation be that physical or monetary.
Personally that chokes me up a bit and is not what we are meant to be about. There are several well known charities around that take the urine, we all know who they are, however here is a difference, they make money out of the cost paid by many in the past.
This situation is current, happening right now and in all fairness could quite easily affect all of us.
Rub me in chip fat, chuck some shallots in and wrap me in one of them massive survival aids foil blankets, I will be done in about ten to fifteen.

Sad to say that a lot of this kit that will be do aged with very good intentions will either end up in British surplus shops or on eBay..

ugly

LE
Wouldn’t it be better to send BCH to the Russian conscripts
That should force a mutiny

I have 2 shirts hairy and an HD jumper with sewn in creases if that's any use?

Latest Threads