Donald Trump threatens to pull £700m investment from Scotland

He's going to need some serious money for attack ads before and (he hopes) after August.

It's not as if they need the work.
The Commons debate should be interesting; my money's on Trump.

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
That Sturgeon slag is going to have a baby - and the oil prices are plummeting - bet she asks if they can stop for a while

Win win for the SNP

Stop him entering - Wails of Westminster doesn't care about Scotland / Scottish Businesses / Scottish people
Let him enter - Wails of Tories money more important than equality / rights - this is what they think of us.

I may be overly cynical or just jaded by the constant whining from certain quarters. Its worse than a BAC 1-11 at max Chatt.

That Sturgeon slag is going to have a baby - and the oil prices are plummeting - bet she asks if they can stop for a while
More likely she'll use it as an excuse to put the boot into Salmond once and for all. His constituency, his problem, his nose in El Donald's .. er .. wallet.

Last edited:
Win win for the SNP

Stop him entering - Wails of Westminster doesn't care about Scotland / Scottish Businesses / Scottish people
Let him enter - Wails of Tories money more important than equality / rights - this is what they think of us.

I may be overly cynical or just jaded by the constant whining from certain quarters. Its worse than a BAC 1-11 at max Chatt.
A good time for CDM to ask that Sturgeon slag (copyright @greyfergie ) for advice on how to deal with it.

Still, it's pretty silly of the UK to contemplate banning him for his speech. He is just an idiot. An attention seeking idiot. But just that.

I guess, because of the petitions they do have to "consider" it.

If anything the UK will come off as looking amateurish, if it does go into effect. Very doubtful.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Still, it's pretty silly of the UK to contemplate banning him for his speech. He is just an idiot. An attention seeking idiot. But just that.

If anything the UK will come off as looking amateurish, if it does go into effect. Very doubtful.
They'll debate it, condemn him as an opportunistic, populist spewer of bile, myths and falsehoods. But they won't ban him.

With Corbyn as leader of the Labour party amateurish is an aspiration.

There's no chance they'll ban him while he's in with a shot at the White House.

Would actually be good to see Trouser Cough being grilled by some of the reporters on eg. Today.
They'd skewer him.

Would actually be good to see Trouser Cough being grilled by some of the reporters on eg. Today.
They'd skewer him.
I know Paxman's semi-retired, but I would happily pay a Pay Per View fee to see Jeremy interview Donald. He's one of the few that would have the balls to ask the awkward questions.

"So, if you became President, what would you say to the Hispanic and Muslim population of your country? "You're fcuked under me?" "

When the question is dodged 17 times, Jeremy would still be asking "so what's the answer to my original question?"

If he were to be banned, unlikely as it may seem, and was the next president, how could the government un-ban him without losing face?

I like Trump, he makes me laugh.

But who the fvck wants to spend £700M on a couple of golf courses where a bunch of poncy twerps can wander round dressed like clowns trying to find a small white ball and then tell very large tales about the experience?

As far as I can see, there is no legal reason why we can ban him. He hasn't threatened to kill anyone, he hasn't incited violence, revolution or sedition. You may not like his opinions but then I don't like the opinions of a large number of muslim clerics that we let in to the UK willy nilly and they preach a lot more hate than Trumpy does.

Parliament can have a mass debate but if he wants to come it will be legally very dodgy to ban him for a legitimate reason. OK, you might get the bleeding heart liberals waving some placards but so what?