Donald Trump : Is he serious or playing it for laughs ?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by velcrostripes, Jul 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Donald Trump's presidential campaign has so far been marked by a personal attack on Sen . John Mc Cain and several references to Mexicans as rapists , yet the polls suggest voters love it and he has a considerable lead over his Republican rivals .

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/248556-poll-donald-trump-takes-considerable-lead-over-gop-presidential-field

Is he just taking the mick , or is he serious ?
    This guy will re-start the Cold war ( and every other war ) every time he opens his mouth .

• Like Like x 1
  2. I suspect (hope?) that the polls were taken in strongly-Democrat areas.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 3
  3. The amazing thing is that he got away with slagging McCain because he got captured in Vietnam and therefore wasn't a "war hero" in his opinion. I was under the impression that the Republican rump support are generally very supportive of their Armed Forces, yet this bewigged chump apparently gets cheered for disrespecting McCain's impressive service record.

Is this the Homer Simpson effect... act like a dumbass and everyone thinks you're great?
    Or have Republicans been so far skewed away from reality by the Tea Party et al, that this is a judged a reasonable position for a Presidential hopeful?

• Like Like x 7
  4. Having seen his "diplomacy" here in the NE of Scotland regarding golf courses and windfarms, the man is a c@nt of the highest magnitude.

He will say what he wants, when he wants, and he does not care who he offends or treads on because he has the money to get his own way.

• Like Like x 23
  5. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Sadly I think he's mad enough to be serious and, given his extensive wealth, when was the last time anyone told him to STFU in such a way that he had to listen?

Trump is set to join that long list of presidential wannabes who discover the hard way that what works in business tends not to work in politics - he may even find his businesses much diminished if he maintains these sorts of vile attacks.

• Like Like x 12
  6. I particularly liked the fact he refused to release his birth certificate and passport records despite being one of the most vocal "birthers".

I think theres enough evidence now to suggest he is a democrat mole, but its gone disastrously wrong and may become an actual reality. The parallels to the Labour leadership are astounding :p

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Bullshit Bullshit x 1
  7. Just another example of the American ability to confuse self-made money with political acumen.
    It usually falls over about half way through the Primaries, when their lack of education, diplomacy and sometimes sanity gets shown up, and major party donors walk away.
    He comes across as a less intelligent Ross Perot crossed with one or two of the less honest televangelists.

• Like Like x 5
  8. He will crash and burn eventually, but in the meantime he's a great asset to the Democratic party.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. Hang on. Why is it a "vile" attack?

Is everyone a war hero?
    The CIED teams, yep, the bloke in a Warrior going in twice in Iraq, yep.

However, is everyone a war hero?
    Where do I sign up?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Show again braincell Show again braincell x 1
    • Like Like x 4
  10. The only thing that Donald Trump is serious about is Donald Trump, and giving the creature the oxygen of publicity it craves is something that should be discouraged at every opportunity

• Like Like x 9
  11. Well, McCain flew multiple combat missions before being shot down so he's closer to being one than most. Certainly more so than Trump is.

• Like Like x 17
  12. Many have done the same.
    What is the mark of heroism?

• Bullshit Bullshit x 3
    • Show again braincell Show again braincell x 1
  13. Striped underpants.

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.