Don`t underestimate your shotguns range ..

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by CptDanjou, Dec 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 1
  1. Good grief!
  2. Well, how far was it? I can't do vids on this phone but would love to know.
  3. 130 yards.
  4. Outstanding shooting.

Hat doffed!
  5. Rather spoiled for me by his arrogance. Apparently a gun in his hands is safer than in the hands of others and so he can carry it with the barrels pointed at the crowd. He may be a great shot but he needs to get back to basics. Tosser!
    • Like Like x 3
  6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I have been shooting with big George and yes he is arrogant but he does shoot well. I am no fan though. That was filmed ages ago at the Bisley shot show farce and possibly has all the traders as well as the punters that hadnt gone home to make the crowd look like a crowd. Jacoby filming is a tit and I wont support him due to his failure to be honest regarding the show.
    By the way shot can travel 275 yards in a one ounce load as proven in a court case many years ago!
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Doesn't surprise me he's a tit. Still impressive. Depends on the load of course. I'd bet 00 goes further than 9. ;-)
  8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Size carries its own inertia which is a balance over distance but mainly to deal with wind resistance and deflection over mass/energy malarky.
  9. I remember during my CPSA range officers' course (many moons ago) the value of 300 yards being the holy grail of safety ranges. If there's anything within 300 yards that will complain about having shot falling on it, point your range the other way!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I used to shoot with him at Cadley when I lived in Marlborough, and yes he was arrogant, but bloody good. Richard Faulds also used to shoot there along with Brian Hebditch, who I still think was the best of the lot.
  11. Brian Hebditch is certainly the best coach I have ever had - and a very nice man.
  12. Certainly is, he taught me well, started shooting sporting clays at 13, I'm 37 now. I learnt more from him in 2 years than than I could imagine, going from U/C novice to AA Class.
  13. Hmmmm. Having been shot from about 150 yards with 6 shot recently I can testify that it still ******* hurts at that range.
  14. Although to be fair, it was broken as far as I could see.
    • Like Like x 1