Don’t Go to Leicester - wise advice.

Awol

LE
Community is one of those words that sets my teeth on edge.
Activist is another one, particularly when it comes after community. Another one is diversity.
The one I hate is ‘committed’. It is always uttered by organisations who have been cravenly inclusive, but not inclusive enough to satisfy the Wolves of Woke, who prowl through society hoping to be offended, and have caught them out on some minuscule offence.

There was a time, not longer ago, when the permanently offended would have been shown the door with much rolling of eyes. Now however, the guilty organisation will act with fawning cowardice, issuing press releases to emphasise just how committed they are to the causes promoted by the bullies of the left.

Welcome to the reality of the British legal system, post Blair. Those born here from British parents must obey the law at all times. Those of an ethnic minority, or foreign nationals, as they are used to different customs and standards as practised in their countries of origin, which include theft, rape and robbery are to be excused from obeying the laws here on that basis. The face these 'communities' do not speak or understand English, and have no wish to learn in, must also be taken into account. In simple language, a multi tier legal system where all are not equal.
Replied to this below. What is your purpose here. If you could lay them out, that might be helpful?

That's the thing about Gwarrs - always have age or male pattern baldness to look forward to!
Anyway, it's not ginger, it's Australian Sunset.

a multicultural forum and some of the older generation Muslims (ie my age, mid forties) are deeply worried about their children being targeted by extremisits (the Muslim kind). Lots of people seem afraid right now.
That's a problem. The answer, as with the immensely stupid, cretinous, offensive (running out of pejorative adjectives now) BLM 'movement, is Parental Control.

Parents; their influence on their very thick kids. My dad belted the hide off me when I done rong or spelt bad (actually he didn't; he was the best father I could have asked for).

If the parents have the slightest ounce of moral courage, they will make the greatest difference. When the parents (or single parent...) are dicks themselves, the agencies have to step in. When that happens, so does 'shit'.

The state must intervene, it seems, to inject some moral certainty into the parents, probably via the teachers, and television and social meeja (which are the two things these cretins pay attention to); forget the Church, which is now history. The state knows this, but there are political considerations at play (which aren't really political; they're personal power-and-control ambitions). It's those 'political considerations' which should be attacked at every level by those who hope to advance our society, rather than see it deeply bogged down.

(Bugger; I sound like a Marxist now. I'm either infected or the scotch is too tasty.)

That's a problem. The answer, as with the immensely stupid, cretinous, offensive (running out of pejorative adjectives now) BLM 'movement, is Parental Control.

Parents; their influence on their very thick kids. My dad belted the hide off me when I done rong or spelt bad (actually he didn't; he was the best father I could have asked for).

If the parents have the slightest ounce of moral courage, they will make the greatest difference. When the parents (or single parent...) are dicks themselves, the agencies have to step in. When that happens, so does 'shit'.

The state must intervene, it seems, to inject some moral certainty into the parents, probably via the teachers, and television and social meeja (which are the two things these cretins pay attention to); forget the Church, which is now history. The state knows this, but there are political considerations at play (which aren't really political; they're personal power-and-control ambitions). It's those 'political considerations' which should be attacked at every level by those who hope to advance our society, rather than see it deeply bogged down.

(Bugger; I sound like a Marxist now. I'm either infected or the scotch is too tasty.)
I am under the influence of Highland Park (not the expensive stuff)
i agree.
I come from the Midlands and all we guys want is peace.
(and some balti)

ExREME.TECH

War Hero
Administering a REME workshop, I had a lot of dealings with RPO Leicester and a civil servant called Patel.

Until I discovered that all the civil servants were called Patel. Just saying.
I think It is a rank

Welcome to the reality of the British legal system, post Blair. Those born here from British parents must obey the law at all times. Those of an ethnic minority, or foreign nationals, as they are used to different customs and standards as practised in their countries of origin, which include theft, rape and robbery are to be excused from obeying the laws here on that basis. The face these 'communities' do not speak or understand English, and have no wish to learn in, must also be taken into account. In simple language, a multi tier legal system where all are not equal.
Was it Leicester some years ago where a woman was seriously assaulted by muslim females?

IIRC, they got away with it because the judge said they weren't used to drinking alcohol.

Londo

LE
Was it Leicester some years ago where a woman was seriously assaulted by muslim females?

IIRC, they got away with it because the judge said they weren't used to drinking alcohol.
I remember that case but not the location

NSP

LE
We should as a nation be able to discuss this openly without fear or prejudice, otherwise more outbreaks will occur and more local lockdowns will hurt similar communities up and down the country.
But you won't be able to as the screeching, blinkered, pig-ignorant, self-righteous minority of leftie dickweeds will scream that it's "Waaaaaaaayciiiiiiist."

I despair of society, I really do...

NI-EX-MEDIC

War Hero
The government are advising against all non-essential travel to and from Leicester.

This seems to be entirely wise advice. There’s also an increased risk of catching COVID 19 if you go there.
I do not believe there is a County in England I would lesss like to visit to be honest than Leicestershire, some parts of Lancashire and Yorkshire are a close second but hey thats just me. Start in Lands end and stop at Worthing and there you will find nice places IMHO.

NI-EX-MEDIC

War Hero
I have been watching the news about all these illegal parties around the country but I cannot see any common denominator.
There has also been a demographic in Northern Ireland that seems to be the most "law breaking" since lockdown began and still continue to do so even as restrictions ease, I would cite the area in Belfast called the Holy Lands and would say it is similar to Brixton and there was trouble in both places last weekend. They are groups of people that think they are above the law and in Northern Ireland in a couple of years these cnuts will be doing banking and government jobs and we are all fucked TBH in the whole of the UK.

I do not believe there is a County in England I would lesss like to visit to be honest than Leicestershire, some parts of Lancashire and Yorkshire are a close second but hey thats just me. Start in Lands end and stop at Worthing and there you will find nice places IMHO.
1. Melton Mowbray is a nice place in a beautiful part of the country, and with some very good bakeries selling excellent pies. That's in Leicestershire.

2. Why stop at Worthing when it's only a short hop to Dymchurch, set on the edge of the historic and beautiful Romney Marsh, an AONB.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Make some nice cheese too.

Bluenose2

Old-Salt
Some parts of Leicester are sh1tholes. Belgrave in particular.

Any time the MSM shows stock footage of the city, they use Belgrave. Every time they interview someone, it's an immigrant. Why? Because it fits their Woke agenda as representing the city as a big melting pot or New New Delhi.

It's not true of the city as a whole. Anyone falling for that and frothing at the mouth is just a mug.

94% of suspected Covid cases are testing negative. So yeah, let's impose martial law because some of the positive tests might be like the brown people the BBC keep showing us.

The worst transgressions of lockdown I've seen in Leicester were on VE Day, and the Chinese family on my street.

The quickest way to to ensure the voice of the white Anglo-Saxon is lost, is to use it to attack people who - if not in totality then at least overwhelmingly - don't deserve it for the reasons being used.

Because then we're just the nasty bigots the MSM make us out to be.