Dominoes Discount

Just a note to be careful with this, you have to actually call the store and mention it despite troopscout stipulating just show your ID to the driver, after placing my order online because I couldn't get through and despite putting the fact I was in possession of MOD90 and eligible for 25% off in the delivery notes and even flashing my ID to the driver the manager refused to honor it saying I should have called in (which I had done numerous times and not getting through).

So naturally I'll be looking elsewhere for dinner tonight.

Mech_Eng

ADC
Book Reviewer
Try cooking wholesome nutritious food.

Or go to a sit down fish and chip shop.

Or add some toppings to a Tesco £1.80 stonebaked pizza and cook for ten minutes. It will be ready before pizzaco have even loaded your soggy cardboard disk onto the moped.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Ah yes. The good old 50% off orders over £40 special that the Slough Dominos used to run. Amazing how much food you could get for £20. Especially when it was a pre-deployment feast and you paid the driver in your saved up 5 and 10p smash.

Poor bastard used to hate that.

"There you go mate, all bagged up, oh, and this bag here is your tip. Taaa!"

Ah yes. The good old 50% off orders over £40 special that the Slough Dominos used to run. Amazing how much food you could get for £20. Especially when it was a pre-deployment feast and you paid the driver in your saved up 5 and 10p smash.

Poor bastard used to hate that.

"There you go mate, all bagged up, oh, and this bag here is your tip. Taaa!"

Even with a 50% discount, 20 quid would just about get you 2 large pizzas these days. =(

Eeh, an' it were all fields 'round 'ere, an' all...

[edited to add a suitable emoticon]

Last edited:

W P

LE
It's "Domino's", you gimp. "Dominoes" is the non-possessive plural (not possessive singular), i.e., these things:
dominoes-falling-clipart-1.jpg

nasty pizza anyway. I don't know how them and papa johns turn a profit.

Just a note to be careful with this, you have to actually call the store and mention it despite troopscout stipulating just show your ID to the driver, after placing my order online because I couldn't get through and despite putting the fact I was in possession of MOD90 and eligible for 25% off in the delivery notes and even flashing my ID to the driver the manager refused to honor it saying I should have called in (which I had done numerous times and not getting through).

So naturally I'll be looking elsewhere for dinner tonight.

Eating Dominos isn’t going to get you round that 4 mile AFT is it now.

nasty pizza anyway. I don't know how them and papa johns turn a profit.

The best pizza I ever had was cooked to-order in a wood-burning stone oven, in a place not far from the front gates of the Monza circuit. Cheap, tasty, fast-food, with really fresh ingredients.

Not sure why you'd pay 20 quid for a doughy base covered in red slime, plastic cheese, and random food items.

...unless you were pissed! :lol:

The best pizza I ever had was cooked to-order in a wood-burning stone oven, in a place not far from the front gates of the Monza circuit. Cheap, tasty, fast-food, with really fresh ingredients.

Not sure why you'd pay 20 quid for a doughy base covered in red slime, plastic cheese, and random food items.

...unless you were pissed! :lol:

Can be done at home, it's home ovens that ruin it as they heat the base of the pizza too fast

Brick will do as well as stone for an oven base, so you can build your own oven in your garden quite cheaply

Can be done at home, it's home ovens that ruin it as they heat the base of the pizza too fast

Brick will do as well as stone for an oven base, so you can build your own oven in your garden quite cheaply

You can alternatively use a terracotta tile, a big one, in your oven. Turn the heat up to full and leave it for around 15 to 20 minutes so the whole thing becomes a veritable kiln. I have a couple of pizza baking stones that I use for homemade pizza.

A mate at uni used to put a concrete slab in the oven when he made pizza and leave it cooking for an hour or so before he put the first pizza in. Concrete not really recommended, terracotta is better - the unglazed and unvarnished type.

Latest Threads