Domestic Staff

Yesterday at work I mentioned that I have a nice Hungarian lady who comes in on Friday afternoons to polish and dust and stuff. I also said I have an old boy who does my garden, mows the lawn, trims hedges and weeds etc, and a couple of kids from the road who wash my car once a week.

This was received with howls of protest from the office girls, that I'm lazy; too lazy to clean my own place. That I exploit these people, in that I should pay them the same rate as I earn on the grounds that they are doing what I should and should be paid the same rate as I earn. I'm still feeling a bit bruised to be honest.

In ARRSE's opinion am I doing wrong? These people need the money, ( or they wouldn't do it ) , and I have much better and vastly more interesting things to do at weekends than cut grass and shove a hoover around the place.

Not that it will make the slightest bit of difference, but I'd be interested to hear what others think.

Yesterday at work I mentioned that I have a nice Hungarian lady who comes in on Friday afternoons to polish and dust and stuff. I also said I have an old boy who does my garden, mows the lawn, trims hedges and weeds etc, and a couple of kids from the road who wash my car once a week.

This was received with howls of protest from the office girls, that I'm lazy; too lazy to clean my own place. That I exploit these people, in that I should pay them the same rate as I earn on the grounds that they are doing what I should and should be paid the same rate as I earn. I'm still feeling a bit bruised to be honest.

In ARRSE's opinion am I doing wrong? These people need the money, ( or they wouldn't do it ) , and I have much better and vastly more interesting things to do at weekends than cut grass and shove a hoover around the place.

Not that it will make the slightest bit of difference, but I'd be interested to hear what others think.
To be fair, if you have the money and no desire to do it yourself, why not pay someone to do it?

As its the NAAFI: You lazy, rich cúnt.

Tell the splitarses to untwist their knickers and get the tea in.

You are trying to reason with the unreasonable.

Where do you live, who is your gardener?

F*** all wrong, your money, your gaff, your choice.

It's all a matter of degree, isn't it? Odd are that the outraged of office pay people to do things for them but haven't considered it as such. Do shop staff get paid equal to their hourly rate? Farm workers? Just because they're too lazy to get their arse out into the fields...

@ancient

Personally, i think you are probably overpaying your unskilled domestic staff for the menial work they have been engaged to carry out.

If you spoil them it will come back to bite you in due course... the hired help will get used to living above their station in life, spending their generous salararies on fripperies like food and toys for their brats.

Worse is yet to come when they then bite the hand that feeds them by stealing from you to pay for luxuries like bus fares to get to work and then back home to their flammable tower blocks etc.

Ask yourself, where will your undue kindness all end? No one to blame but yourself when these people turn your life to shit and peasantry.

You are a bit of a lazy bastard, it has to be said, OP.

I have a very sedentary job (I sit in front of computers all day). A mate of mine is a GP, and he said that washing the cars and doing the garden, maybe a bit of DIY is "good cardio". So that's what I do. It has absolutely nothing* to do with the fact that I'm a stingy bastard who wouldn't spend Christmas.

TL DR. Fair play to you. If you can't be arrsed and can afford it, then why not.

What you are witnessing is jealously. They can't afford what you have so punish you by convincing you to pay more for what you have. Thankfully you're sharp.

Tell the jealous whores to wind their necks in and mind their own fecking business and look after their own cess pits of squalor before judging you........ cnuts!

I used to have a cleaner when i was single...did i need one , did i feck, my place was always immaculate as i'd be either at work or on the pi55, and the bird i was seeing was only there from friday night to sunday afternoon or not even that, if we stayed over hers..

But a friend asked if i could help out a friend of hers who was broke...so why not....never saw her, left the dosh on the work top each week

No big deal......not ever sure what she did in the house to be honest, possibly feck all?....ah WTF? im sure that when i get a bit older i'll get the local odd job firm to do the garden.

The sluts where you work just want to be domineering cnuts and cos they, no doubt, get away with it with their own bloke, they try on it everywhere ...... you choice mucker, let 'em lecture you .....or put your hands between your legs and see if you can feel anything.

Last edited:
The evil office witches are trying to guilt trip you and it's pure jealousy... You paying somebody to wash your car/mow your lawn/tidy your house so that you have more time for yourself is no different to them having a dishwasher or a washing machine. Both those items save them time and save them having to do it and allows them to sit on their arrses doing f-all in front of the tv.

good job you didn't mention the butler or the brace of Latvia whores your keep.

Further to my statement of telling them to get the kettle on, Monkfish will show you how to deal with them.