Domain & Web Hosting UK

Dr Death

War Hero
Looking to buy a domain name plus .co.uk & .com and hosting for 1 year with x1 email address?
Who are the best to go for in the UK, have used easily in the distant past, its only as a hobby so SQL certs not needed etc.

Cheers in advance

I've used this company for over 12 years: Krystal Hosting - UK based with top notch service, I have a reseller account and host over 300 client websites with them, everything runs flawlessly, their support is also excellent.

Their hosting package for two domains is £3.99 a month.

I use Digital Ocean, but then I need to scale hosting pretty quickly at times

Dr Death

War Hero
Last edited:
You know I used that media before and was asking for recommendations.
But good to see you have helped in your own little special, very special way.
Your welcome.

Always ready to steer the bewildered away from danger, that's me.

Aren't they the owned by the same people as farceshosts fasthosts?

Aren't they the owned by the same people as farceshosts fasthosts?
Yep. Owned by United Internet, based out of Germany.

Back on the original question, the options are many and varied. The big names are Godaddy, Digital Ocean, 123 Reg. Smaller companies are many and varied - if you're just looking for something simple then price will be the driver. If you want something that might scale in the future then the big guys are OK. If you're technically minded and don't want too much help then a mid sized co who don't go down on a Friday morning because Mum comes in and unplugs the Apache server to do the hoovering is the best bet.

If you have dreams of world domination get a server on AWS and go nuts.

I've used this company for over 12 years: Krystal Hosting - UK based with top notch service, I have a reseller account and host over 300 client websites with them, everything runs flawlessly, their support is also excellent.

Their hosting package for two domains is £3.99 a month.
We’re building a website using Krystal. They are reasonably priced for that.

I’ve started using google domains for buying names and parking them up. It’s a tenner a year for most stuff.

Don’t use one.com. They play the longer game by selling you the domain name for a tenner and then over a period of time start allocating it unwanted webspace and charging you for it.

They recently wanted £150 for the renewal of three domain names.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
i've used easy space for quite a few years and have no problems at all. if you want AVRE.UK I'll let you have it for a gissit .

Cyberhacker

Old-Salt
I keep my domain registration separate from the hosting... in the past I had a problem with a host going out of business, and recovering the domain names took a lot of aggro.

Nowadays, I use 123 for my domains. Annoyingly, my current host has curtailed its UK operations, and migrated everything to Canada, so I'll be moving when my renewal comes up.

Another vote for 123 Reg. I use this firm for hosting, his prices are very competitive, I pay £5 a month for a small forum.

Latest Threads