Dolphins ?

I am a Ex Royal Navy Submariner looking to join the TA my question is if I was accepted / joined could I wear the submariners dolphins on my uniform.

The dolphins are the things on my avatar I have been told I can but would like a official type answer.

Cheers

Why would you want to?

Jammy_H said:
I am a Ex Royal Navy Submariner looking to join the TA my question is if I was accepted / joined could I wear the submariners dolphins on my uniform.

The dolphins are the things on my avatar I have been told I can but would like a official type answer.

Cheers
ARE YOU SAD.

freedomofspeech said:
Jammy_H said:

Cheers
ARE YOU SAD.
Yes i guess i am,though i would lay off the Buckfast if i was you this early in the day

Jammy_H said:
freedomofspeech said:
Jammy_H said:

Cheers
ARE YOU SAD.
Yes i guess i am,thogh i would lay off the Buck-fast if i was you this early in the day
buck-fast that's what you navy gay lords have not me .

Because it's the Territorial ARMY you are joining not the RNR, don't think you will be able to wear them, could be wrong though, I await to be corrected.
Personally, I think you will look like a right throbber, but that's just my opinion.

It's been done in the Regular Army before.......

So why not the TA?

devilish said:
Because it's the Territorial ARMY you are joining not the RNR, don't think you will be able to wear them, could be wrong though, I await to be corrected.
Personally, I think you will look like a right throbber, but that's just my opinion.
Ok that is all i wanted throbber maybe i am,nobber you are

PTP, just never seen it before, and I believe you would have to be "current" to wear it if that was indeed the case.

By current I mean up to date with your submariner quals.

Again I stand to be corrected, but it does sound a bit odd.

And I did say you would look a throbber and stated it as my own opinion, if you turned up at my unit wearing it just straight in the door I'd think you were a tosser, just my opinion after all.

If you strange boat people want to wear them, then crack on as it's allowed.

No disrespect intended, just giving you a heads up Jammy, I just think you will stand out like a sore thumb when you tip up for training, with a qual badge that was gained in another service, just seems a bit strange to me that's all.

Addmitedly you may have very well earned your Dolphins and in the right circumstances they would look great and of course prompt the required discussion.

although i have to agree with most of the other posts and think "what is this guy trying to proove" if you wore them on a regular basis or infact at all.

imagine the new kid at school who turned up with all the gucci kit and a bag full of sharp pencills and a ruler.

he'd get a right digging at lunch time and robbed blind.

ofcourse it could be a come on for some people to have a pair of mamals on thier chest....

You'll just be the subject of pisstaking and abuse if you wear them. I can guarantee you'd regret ever putting them on. Plus all the sailor jokes you'll get....

Ok then i understand what you are saying,and to be honest i do not think i would wear them,but i think it is because you dont see them in the army for whatever reason,

Ok then what if i was awarded the Green lid or wings etc etc would that be ok.

But you weren't, so it's pointless question. But yes would be the answer, unless of course when it comes to wings, I think you still need to complete your jumps annually. Stand to be corrected on that one.

devilish said:
But you weren't, so it's pointless question. But yes would be the answer, unless of course when it comes to wings, I think you still need to complete your jumps annually. Stand to be corrected on that one.
Once you have been awarded your wings your can wear them for life regardless of how few or how many jumps you make in a year.

If you have the right to wear dolphins, then crack on. Earnt it then wear it.

SK