Dolphins ?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Jammy_H, Sep 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am a Ex Royal Navy Submariner looking to join the TA my question is if I was accepted / joined could I wear the submariners dolphins on my uniform.

The dolphins are the things on my avatar I have been told I can but would like a official type answer.

Cheers

2. Why would you want to?

3. ARE YOU SAD.

4. Why would you wear para wings or any other ad qual badge?.

Because you have earned the right to,i guess

5. Jammy_H, pm Rincewind

6. Yes i guess i am,though i would lay off the Buckfast if i was you this early in the day

7. buck-fast that's what you navy gay lords have not me .

8. Because it's the Territorial ARMY you are joining not the RNR, don't think you will be able to wear them, could be wrong though, I await to be corrected.
    Personally, I think you will look like a right throbber, but that's just my opinion.

9. It's been done in the Regular Army before.......

So why not the TA?

10. Ok that is all i wanted throbber maybe i am,nobber you are

11. PTP, just never seen it before, and I believe you would have to be "current" to wear it if that was indeed the case.

By current I mean up to date with your submariner quals.

Again I stand to be corrected, but it does sound a bit odd.

And I did say you would look a throbber and stated it as my own opinion, if you turned up at my unit wearing it just straight in the door I'd think you were a tosser, just my opinion after all.

12. Cheers PartTimePongo.

13. Once you get your Dolphins you get them for life.

devilish maybe but it is only after all another adqual so why the insults.

14. If you strange boat people want to wear them, then crack on as it's allowed.

15. No disrespect intended, just giving you a heads up Jammy, I just think you will stand out like a sore thumb when you tip up for training, with a qual badge that was gained in another service, just seems a bit strange to me that's all.