Dole Office Efficiency

spike7451

RIP
RIP
IndianaDel said:
It is essentially what you thought OS, however the nature of the Data stream is being changed constantly.

To deviate more than a "tad", I am of the opinion (as Spike alluded to), that contractors are set up to fail.
They neither know, nor understand, the finer points of RF in relation to CATV now.
They are paid by the job, not by the hour, so there is no dynamic for thoroughness.
And there is the problem!!

How ironic.
I lost my job today.
One of the first things to go will be sky, which sadly includes the internet.

Ord_Sgt

RIP
RIP
the_butler said:
How ironic.
I lost my job today.
I know I rant and rave sometimes, and I do actually appreciate its not black and white, but I'm truly sorry to hear that Butler.

I appreciate sky can be viewed as a luxury but surely with no internet job searching will be a lot less effective? Or does your line of work have its own network?

spike7451

RIP
RIP
the_butler said:
How ironic.
I lost my job today.
r S
Sorry to hear that t_b,
Your best bet would be to downgrade the Sky TV to the minimum package & transfer your Sky BBand to the base package which is free (It can be done with minimum disruption as I used to work in that dept as well) as you'll have to give a months notice,
Best of luck.
Spike

Ord_Sgt said:
I know I rant and rave sometimes, and I do actually appreciate its not black and white, but I'm truly sorry to hear that Butler.

I appreciate sky can be viewed as a luxury but surely with no internet job searching will be a lot less effective? Or does your line of work have its own network?
I have applied for about 10 already if I lose the internet I can still search when I visit the job centre every day. That really annoys then because they have to do some work. I can also surf in the library and use the newspapers they provide.
I stopped being a Butler nearly 2 years ago when my wife wanted us to move back to Liverpool. I never have a problem finding work down south just here. My skills don't fit.

spike7451 said:
r S
Sorry to hear that t_b,
Your best bet would be to downgrade the Sky TV to the minimum package & transfer your Sky BBand to the base package which is free (It can be done with minimum disruption as I used to work in that dept as well) as you'll have to give a months notice,
Best of luck.
Spike
Cheers spoke that looks doable I will miss sharethefiles.com though After bills I should have 23 quid a week to spend on food. Fortunately I neither drink or smoke.
My big question is though How do all the idle twats that live on my estate that have never done a days graft in their lives manage to go the pub every night?

the_butler said:
Ord_Sgt said:

I have applied for about 10 already if I lose the internet I can still search when I visit the job centre every day. That really annoys then because they have to do some work. I can also surf in the library and use the newspapers they provide.
I stopped being a Butler nearly 2 years ago when my wife wanted us to move back to Liverpool. I never have a problem finding work down south just here. My skills don't fit.

spike7451 said:
r S
Sorry to hear that t_b,
Best of luck.
Spike
Cheers spoke that looks doable I will miss sharethefiles.com though After bills I should have 23 quid a week to spend on food. Fortunately I neither drink or smoke.
My big question is though How do all the idle **** that live on my estate that have never done a days graft in their lives manage to go the pub every night?
Sorry to hear the bad news Butler, the lazy layabouts manage to get out to the pub every night cos theyre more than likely selling charlie and or weed at least what they do round ours ( L 8 )

spike7451 said:
Ord_Sgt said:
sigmonk said:
dingerr said:
Ord_Sgt said:
fairy_nuff said:
Get a job sweeping roads then you scrounging chav, or failing that serving pints in the local pub. You're not owed a living, fcuking get off your arrse and support yourself.
That's entirely my view. But if people have paid their way with tax and NI contributions I'm quite happy to cut them a bit of slack (for a week or two) if they are looking for a job.
I have paid tax and NI for 33 years. I have been made redundant. I have subsequently signed on, however I receive no job seekers allowance reason being is that I am in receipt of an MOD pension, nor will I appear on any government unemployment stastistic.

I am actively seeking new employment with no help or encouragement from job seekers plus, all that they are interested in is that I fill in a child like diary and report to them every 2 weeks (civvy equivalent of ROP,s)

I agree that there are jobs out there, but trying to secure one in this climate is damm near impossible.

So am I a chav. I think not, Mr Ord_Sgt or is that cadet Ord_Sgt
OK I'll admit theres always going to be exceptions. But more than a few weeks on the dole is unacceptable. No jobs in your town, move. I travel all over the wrld to remain in gainful employments so don't tell me it can't be done.

Did I hit a raw nerve with some people? Theres some mahoosive bites there. :oops:
Not a raw nerve,I just dont like being called a dole scrounger cause I am not one.The company I worked for,Sainsbury's, decided when they re-structured the online delivery dept that they could do the job with one team leader instead of two,because I only started in July I was the one to go & because it was coming up to christmas the were no other vacancies available.
I am on the job sites daily,registered with feck knows how many job agencies & have two interviews on Monday.
What pishes me off when I walk in the dole to sign on is the amount of scroungers there mostly with kids.
I want,no NEED a job ASAP because I'm sick to death of living off the state,even tho I know as a tax paying person I'm entitled to it.
As to moving to where the work is,great if you have the funds to do it & in my case,any work I get/do will be in/around Belfast,as I have done in the past.
(and I'm currently looking into going self employed as a CATV/Satelite tv engineer)
I DID NOT SAY THAT NOR WOULD I!!!! who ever put my sig on the quote will be shot personally by me. I said that I had to claim job seekers, was entitled to it but not nice

the_butler said:
le_crabe_tambour
I was born in Granby Street. :wink:

You'll know the script then...

Curve15

Old-Salt
Ok if you have worked for the last 2 years and paid your national insurance stamp you are entitled to six months job seekers allowance of £60.50 a week IF you are over 25. If you are 18 - 24 you only get £47.95. You claim this from the department of works and pensions contact centres - normally a phone number as jobcentres can't process claims.
You can claim housing benefit and council tax but this is done through the local council and they will ask about anyone else in the house so if the Mrs is working or your adult kids are in the house you'll likely get nowt. I know you hate the DWP staff and some of them are a bunch of twits but 20,000 experienced staff have been paid off in the last 4 years and they have not been replaced so it takes roughly 3 weeks to process a claim for JSA. The usual not enough staff and the computer system is crap, typical government system. I see loads of folk now who were bosses or have been working for the last 20 years and have never claimed and most are shocked that they will get £60.50 for SIX months and then nothing cos after that its means tested. The mortgage scheme only pays the interest on your mortgage after 13 weeks on JSA so you need to survive that first. Granted claiming JSA sucks but YOU ARE ENTITLED to it IF you've been paying your stamp for the last 2 years so take what your due, if you don't only the government gains out of it
As for only lazy chavs being on the dole - utter rubbish - I've seen IT managers, directors, delivery drivers and many factory workers and engineers, they ain't lazy just unlucky

Ord_Sgt

RIP
RIP
fairy_nuff said:
spike7451 said:
Ord_Sgt said:
sigmonk said:
dingerr said:
Ord_Sgt said:
fairy_nuff said:
Get a job sweeping roads then you scrounging chav, or failing that serving pints in the local pub. You're not owed a living, fcuking get off your arrse and support yourself.
That's entirely my view. But if people have paid their way with tax and NI contributions I'm quite happy to cut them a bit of slack (for a week or two) if they are looking for a job.
I have paid tax and NI for 33 years. I have been made redundant. I have subsequently signed on, however I receive no job seekers allowance reason being is that I am in receipt of an MOD pension, nor will I appear on any government unemployment stastistic.

I am actively seeking new employment with no help or encouragement from job seekers plus, all that they are interested in is that I fill in a child like diary and report to them every 2 weeks (civvy equivalent of ROP,s)

I agree that there are jobs out there, but trying to secure one in this climate is damm near impossible.

So am I a chav. I think not, Mr Ord_Sgt or is that cadet Ord_Sgt
OK I'll admit theres always going to be exceptions. But more than a few weeks on the dole is unacceptable. No jobs in your town, move. I travel all over the wrld to remain in gainful employments so don't tell me it can't be done.

Did I hit a raw nerve with some people? Theres some mahoosive bites there. :oops:
Not a raw nerve,I just dont like being called a dole scrounger cause I am not one.The company I worked for,Sainsbury's, decided when they re-structured the online delivery dept that they could do the job with one team leader instead of two,because I only started in July I was the one to go & because it was coming up to christmas the were no other vacancies available.
I am on the job sites daily,registered with feck knows how many job agencies & have two interviews on Monday.
What pishes me off when I walk in the dole to sign on is the amount of scroungers there mostly with kids.
I want,no NEED a job ASAP because I'm sick to death of living off the state,even tho I know as a tax paying person I'm entitled to it.
As to moving to where the work is,great if you have the funds to do it & in my case,any work I get/do will be in/around Belfast,as I have done in the past.
(and I'm currently looking into going self employed as a CATV/Satelite tv engineer)
I DID NOT SAY THAT NOR WOULD I!!!! who ever put my sig on the quote will be shot personally by me. I said that I had to claim job seekers, was entitled to it but not nice
It was me who said it, but it seems to have got mixed up in all the quotes :D

sigmonk

Swinger
Further to my last, I received a letter the other day from the DWP stating that according to their records my occupational pension is due to increase and can I supply the new details. Now I am on the old system and I know that my pension will not increase until I reach my 55th birthday (several years away ok 5). I have confirmed this with Paymaster Crawley and have written a snotegramm to DWP informing of them of this and I have copied the letter to my MP.

What I am angry about is how do they get this information and why is it wrong.

If I can get my scanner working I will post the letter on this forum, as I believe it was written by a 16 year old for a 12 year old, as the standard of grammar is appaling

sorry for the rant

Ord_Sgt

RIP
RIP
Now I'm probably going to attract a sh1t load of flak, but if you are only 50, why are you not working?

Ord_Sgt

RIP
RIP
sigmonk said:
49 and a bit read my initial post you muppet
So you get no benefits, or at least thats what I get from your post, you have to fill in a diary for no return and can't find a job but have to live off your pension. So whats your point?

Where do you live by the way?

Ord_Sgt said:
sigmonk said:
49 and a bit read my initial post you muppet
So you get no benefits, or at least thats what I get from your post, you have to fill in a diary for no return and can't find a job but have to live off your pension. So whats your point?

Where do you live by the way?
Even if you cannot claim anything you will probably be exempt paying things like council tax.

Also if you don't sign on you will receive a bill for the 'stamp' you missed paying whilst unemployed.

Curve15

Old-Salt
Sigmonk you "I receive no job seekers allowance reason being is that I am in receipt of an MOD pension"
According to the law they can only count your MOD pension after you have been on the dole for 6 months so if its less than 6 months since you were made redundant I'd be along at the citizens advice bureau for advice on appealing the decision. Contribution based jobseekers allowance is NOT a means tested benefit - as in the name its based on your contribution record.

sigmonk

Swinger
IT Guy:

If I was single I would probably get a rebate.

Curve15:

I will look into this. Thank you.

Ord_Sgt:

Gateway to the Tees Valley

Rant mode on

Initally registered on a friday, the department were very interested in my pension details, my redundancy payment and bank details however every time I asked about any form of benefits I got blank stares. I was then sent upstairs.

Upstairs I met a nice young lady and as we joked about Fred the Shreds pension. I was then issued with my contract.

1. Write to at least 2 employers a week.
2. Phone at least 2 employers a week.
3. Keep a diary of all events.
4. Read every newspaper issued.
5. Ask friends and families if they have any jobs.

I thanked the young lady for her advice and was informed that I had to report again on Monday morning at 0930hrs to sign on.

0915hrs Monday not allowed into the job centre due to an incident.

0945hrs allowed in and told to search for jobs on the computer system.

1000hrs sent upstairs and met a different young lady whose first question to me was what have you done to look for work in the last 2 weeks (she was reading from a f@cking script) after my initial burst of anger she informed me that I have to sign on again in 2 weeks time. This consultation took 2 minutes if that.

I am now looking forward to Monday the 16th.

Rant off.

Also the majority of the jobs advertised on the DWP are not open to newly unemployed personnel, you have to have been unemployed for 6 months or more.

sigmonk said:
IT Guy:

Also the majority of the jobs advertised on the DWP are not open to newly unemployed personnel, you have to have been unemployed for 6 months or more.
Not only that, many are agency or state nat min wage. £229.20 a week is less than I used to get for two days work

Just a small point, and I do know how hard this , pride , stiff upper lip and all that aside , sign on at least it covers your NI credits.
Also if you are knocked back for anything, make an appeal to the adjudicator, some times the appeal will change minds .

Good luck to you all

WW

Latest Threads