Dole Office Efficiency

Ord_Sgt said:
fairy_nuff said:
Get a job sweeping roads then you scrounging chav, or failing that serving pints in the local pub. You're not owed a living, fcuking get off your arrse and support yourself.
That's entirely my view. But if people have paid their way with tax and NI contributions I'm quite happy to cut them a bit of slack (for a week or two) if they are looking for a job.

sigmonk

Swinger
dingerr said:
Ord_Sgt said:
fairy_nuff said:
Get a job sweeping roads then you scrounging chav, or failing that serving pints in the local pub. You're not owed a living, fcuking get off your arrse and support yourself.
That's entirely my view. But if people have paid their way with tax and NI contributions I'm quite happy to cut them a bit of slack (for a week or two) if they are looking for a job.
I have paid tax and NI for 33 years. I have been made redundant. I have subsequently signed on, however I receive no job seekers allowance reason being is that I am in receipt of an MOD pension, nor will I appear on any government unemployment stastistic.

I am actively seeking new employment with no help or encouragement from job seekers plus, all that they are interested in is that I fill in a child like diary and report to them every 2 weeks (civvy equivalent of ROP,s)

I agree that there are jobs out there, but trying to secure one in this climate is damm near impossible.

So am I a chav. I think not, Mr Ord_Sgt or is that cadet Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt said:
le_crabe_tambour said:
IndianaDel said:
Ord Sgt
I can't be bothered to tell you what I think of your view.

I can he's a f*cking gobsh1te, probably wants some attention to spice up his sad lonely life.
Yep a gobsh1te, but I pay my way and have never scrounged off the state for anything. My sad lonely life involves having a job and supporting myself without expecting others to give me charity. Claiming dole is a sign of failure and lazyness, theres enough jobs out there for everyone if you can be bothered to look.
Well I can be bothered now.
1. Unemployment pay, is not "Charity". It is a "insurance" scheme that UK workers are OBLIGED to pay in to. Notice the phrase "pay in to", that means that there have been contributions made, so the return is there. Just like your pension perhaps? 8O
2. While claiming dole, is a sign of failure (to get another job), it does not follow that ALL recipients are "lazy". :roll:
3. The wider British "Social Compact" provides many services and benefits, some of which YOU have assuredly gained from. So Ord_ Sgt that makes YOU a "lazy", "scrounging", "Chav' to a certain degree too! :twisted:
4. Before you accuse ME of being a Dole "scrounger" I have NEVER received any, plus I got out of the UK years ago :wink: , so I know about as much about the current situation in the UK as you do. Obviously! :D
5. There may be jobs, but is it possible to actually live on the income gained there of? So you would prefer everyone gets a job, that Joe Blow tax payer has to subsidise (in housing benefits etc) to make everything "acceptable" to you?
6. I can't help but feel, that the writings of Charles Dickens, as well as the National Insurance Scheme are things that happen to other people.

spike7451

RIP
RIP
sigmonk said:
dingerr said:
Ord_Sgt said:
fairy_nuff said:
I have paid tax and NI for 33 years. I have been made redundant. I have subsequently signed on, however I receive no job seekers allowance reason being is that I am in receipt of an MOD pension, nor will I appear on any government unemployment stastistic.

I am actively seeking new employment with no help or encouragement from job seekers plus, all that they are interested in is that I fill in a child like diary and report to them every 2 weeks (civvy equivalent of ROP,s)

I agree that there are jobs out there, but trying to secure one in this climate is damm near impossible.

Same here,I paid tax & NI for 24 years continously,I have savings which are almost gone,I get £120 a fortnight job seekers pittance & housing benifit because I'm in a council house.nothing else.
If I have to travel to a job interview I have to pay for it out of my own pocket,you only get help from the job center if it's over 25miles away,Most of the work I have applied for is in Belfast,but the job center say that it's only 18 miles away regardless of where in Belfast the interview is.(I had a interview just over 24.5 miles away (useing the car trip meter) but nope,no help.
To get to Belfast from where I live costs over £7 return.
I'd be quite happy if someone gave me a job sweeping the fecking roads,lets face it,it's a job!
sigmonk's hit the nail on the head there,if your over 30 you're f*cked due to the minimum wage thing,90% of the jobs I've applied for are that.
Spike

Ord_Sgt

RIP
RIP
sigmonk said:
dingerr said:
Ord_Sgt said:
fairy_nuff said:

OK I'll admit theres always going to be exceptions. But more than a few weeks on the dole is unacceptable. No jobs in your town, move. I travel all over the wrld to remain in gainful employments so don't tell me it can't be done.

Did I hit a raw nerve with some people? Theres some mahoosive bites there. :oops:

theiftaker said:
3 Months later after repeated calls they sorted it and I got my payment which I now did not need. 1 full weeks benefit from the day I got redundancy until I started my new job.

(Sarcasm mode on)I was really impressed.(Sarcasm mode off)
Thought one didn't get anything for the first three days after a claim was made (ie first approach to the Jobcentre/call to the DWP "hot" line?

Bogtejebo said:
le_crabe_tambour said:
Bogtejebo formerly the oxygen theif known as Airfix
Wrong again. You fail at guessing previous usernames as well as life.
I should be careful; Bog can have a funny sense of humour and it might be YOU that he fcuks. Everybody can be a bit unlucky so they need a bit of slack cutting.

And no it doesn't apply to me currently - I have so much Duty Free cash, a full military pension and a business in the UK that if I wasn't a Sweaty Sock I'd blush.

But I never take the p1ss - call it a fear of Hubris.

spike7451

RIP
RIP
Ord_Sgt said:
sigmonk said:
dingerr said:
Ord_Sgt said:
fairy_nuff said:

OK I'll admit theres always going to be exceptions. But more than a few weeks on the dole is unacceptable. No jobs in your town, move. I travel all over the wrld to remain in gainful employments so don't tell me it can't be done.

Did I hit a raw nerve with some people? Theres some mahoosive bites there. :oops:
Not a raw nerve,I just dont like being called a dole scrounger cause I am not one.The company I worked for,Sainsbury's, decided when they re-structured the online delivery dept that they could do the job with one team leader instead of two,because I only started in July I was the one to go & because it was coming up to christmas the were no other vacancies available.
I am on the job sites daily,registered with feck knows how many job agencies & have two interviews on Monday.
What pishes me off when I walk in the dole to sign on is the amount of scroungers there mostly with kids.
I want,no NEED a job ASAP because I'm sick to death of living off the state,even tho I know as a tax paying person I'm entitled to it.
As to moving to where the work is,great if you have the funds to do it & in my case,any work I get/do will be in/around Belfast,as I have done in the past.
(and I'm currently looking into going self employed as a CATV/Satelite tv engineer)

CaptainPlume said:
theiftaker said:
3 Months later after repeated calls they sorted it and I got my payment which I now did not need. 1 full weeks benefit from the day I got redundancy until I started my new job.

(Sarcasm mode on)I was really impressed.(Sarcasm mode off)
Thought one didn't get anything for the first three days after a claim was made (IE first approach to the Job Centre/call to the DWP "hot" line?
No idea it was eight years ago and as I stated I left them to get on with it.
Unless you are implying that they could have made a mistake?
Another example of their efficiency is the guy we took on last year, He signed off in May and they were still paying him in November despite repeated visits to them.
Then they accused him of working whilst claiming, Apparently they were very sheepish when they called him in for interview and he produced all the letters he had sent them and their acknowledgement letters, plus phone records of times,dates & people spoken too.
It took another month to get them to stop paying his Rent.

Ord_Sgt

RIP
RIP
Spike, I'm sure your not, so I wouldn't get too het up about my witterings on the internet ;)

CATV/Sat TV installation engineer is a good idea, especially if you have some oomph, some of the muppets I've seen begger belief. Not too expensive to set up either, transport, tools, signal measuring widgit and away you go.

Best of luck with it, doley :twisted:

spike7451

RIP
RIP
Ord_Sgt said:
Spike, I'm sure your not, so I wouldn't get too het up about my witterings on the internet ;)

CATV/Sat TV installation engineer is a good idea, especially if you have some oomph, some of the muppets I've seen begger belief. Not too expensive to set up either, transport, tools, signal measuring widgit and away you go.

Cheers cunto! :twisted:
Still have all my tools anyway,I er handed in old broken ones... :twisted:
Have small car (Pug 206),roofrack & ladders already.
Anyway
Could you pass me the mess Webley?
I've had Chubbs PM me twice today (with different usernames) giving me advice!The last one with a link to the local job center online site,like I did'nt know!!
(chubbs,no it did'nt help,just wasted a few minutes of my time!)

Ord_Sgt said:

Not too expensive?
In the USA, where I have little knowledge of such things :-

A Trialithic 1750 meter (that does not measure return signal for modems etc) costs $1k - $1,500. (These though, are soooo 2008!)
The 860 (That does measure return signal for modem installation), costs $4,000-$10K in the USA (depending on the software package).

Telephony tools, all up $1,500
CATV tools $200-300
"Cheap", compared to what, being a brain surgeon?

As to "muppets" you have a point there. :roll:
"In House", rather than "Contractor", IMHO, is the way to go!

Oh, BTW Ord_Sgt
I do like the Kitty in the Microwave. Makes me laugh every time I see it! :D
(That makes me a REALLY bad person, doesn't it? :twisted: )

spike7451

RIP
RIP
IndianaDel said:
Ord_Sgt said:

Not too expensive?
In the USA, where I have little knowledge of such things :-

A Trialithic 1750 meter (that does not measure return signal for modems etc) costs $1k - $1,500. (These though, are soooo 2008!)
The 860 (That does measure return signal for modem installation), costs $4,000-$10K in the USA (depending on the software package).

Telephony tools, all up $1,500
CATV tools $200-300
"Cheap", compared to what, being a brain surgeon?

As to "muppets" you have a point there. :roll:
"In House", rather than "Contractor", IMHO, is the way to go!
Yup,I was Inhouse with NTL before their chapter 11/merger with Telewest then they got rid of us & went contractor.(cheaper)
When I was a service tech,one of the most common faults we got was contractors failing to measure signal readings.

i was made redundant quite some time ago and am currently waiting to start my training in april i have had to sighn on for the last three weeeks and will continue to do so for the next three weeks until training... i was unemployed for a couple of months living on saving and eventually got sick of looking and gettin turned down by employers that i started doing a window cleaning round just for a few month as i said until training but had to stop this because someone warned me that they would report me for not paying tax... so now i have to take other peoples tax temporarily as a result of there actions... the daft cnut should of listened when i tried to explain this to him

Sorry Spike, if I sounded if I was doubting your competence (I was not). If I gave that impression, I do apologise.
I also saw after I posted, that you had your Gubbins' still too

spike7451

RIP
RIP
IndianaDel said:
Sorry Spike, if I sounded if I was doubting your competence (I was not). If I gave that impression, I do apologise.
Nah mate,
No apologie necesary.
Unfortunatly,when the redundecies from NTL came around the was 3 kept on & moved up to network tech.These were the dept managers favorites (he played in a band with one of them) & him being a left footer from the Oldpark area (republican) all of us that were let go were either English or Protestant.

Ord_Sgt

RIP
RIP
spike7451 said:
IndianaDel said:
Nah mate,
No apologie necesary.
Unfortunatly,when the redundecies from NTL came around the was 3 kept on & moved up to network tech.These were the dept managers favorites (he played in a band with one of them) & him being a left footer from the Oldpark area (republican) all of us that were let go were either English or Protestant.
The age old problem of its not what you know but who you know. :(

Del, I had no idea the kit was that expensive. 8O Stupid of me really as its basicly a transmission link and I know the kit our guys use on those. :oops:

It is essentially what you thought OS, however the nature of the Data stream is being changed constantly.

To deviate more than a "tad", I am of the opinion (as Spike alluded to), that contractors are set up to fail.
They neither know, nor understand, the finer points of RF in relation to CATV now.
They are paid by the job, not by the hour, so there is no dynamic for thoroughness.
Ergo, giving MANY contractors the right tools would be casting pearls before swine IMHO

Now back to the subject in hand.
Dole Offices = Civil Serpents , or "Jobs Worth" oxygen thieves.
Discuss.

spike7451

RIP
RIP
Ord_Sgt said:
spike7451 said:
IndianaDel said:
Nah mate,
No apologie necesary.
The age old problem of its not what you know but who you know. :(

Del, I had no idea the kit was that expensive. 8O Stupid of me really as its basicly a transmission link and I know the kit our guys use on those. :oops:
Aye ome of it is pricey

http://prosatellitesupply.com/CABLE_AND_SATELLITE_INSTALLATION_TOOLS.htm

We used these at Sky;

http://www.tvaerials.com/product.aspx?productid=1808

Latest Threads