Dole Office Efficiency

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mikal, Mar 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Back in 2007 I ended up contracting but claiming the dole in between jobs. When I got a longer contract I signed off again but never received a P45.

Fast forward to last week when I signed on again. Today I received a P45 for when I signed off in 2007.

Apart from totally messing up my tax return since the P45 figures do not tie in with anything I actually received, is this kind of nonense normal?
  2. Wouldn't know. Never sunk low enough to sign on. What's Jeremy Kyle like in person?
  3. Who?
  4. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

If its not relevant put it in the bin. As for taxes, submit a self assessment tax return with the correct figures, its not difficult.
  5. Quality reply, muppet
  6. Mikal are you by any chance a northerner?
  7. Exiled to the South now.
  8. OK it gets even better.

Just phoned the DWP. It seems someone forgot to pay this out way back when and the money is in the bank today. Frightening stuff. It takes a year and a half to pay out a claim. Had a good laugh with the woman on the phone when she explained it all.

Since the money has only just been received but the P45 is dated 2007, which tax year should the money be classed as?
  9. Seconded :roll:
  10. Sorry fella Who are you? and why do you think that a Forces orientated website would be interested in this plight?

Stinks of poor civvie admin to me.

Find a site for the citizens advice bureau, they should be able to help you.
  11. Well let me see.

For a start we talk about all topics. What I've posted might be of use to someone due to leave.

Who am I? Check my early posting history to work it out.

If this were purely Forces oriented a lot of topics in many of the Forums wouldn't be allowed.

This might have been better in Pay and Admin but there are a lot of Ex as well as a generous handful of civvies also using this site and I thought, clearly incorrectly, that the Int cell was a good place to put this in.
  12. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

The hours just fly by at your gaff don't they....
  13. Why is the NAAFI bar banter overspilling into the normal thread.

Because you Two are a pair of throbbers who don't know any better.
    People post on here for either help or to give information not for a slagging.

I have experienced the ineptitude of the dole office so much so it convinced me to go unemployed. They seem to forget they are dealing with other peoples lives and have a holier than thou attitude in general. (not tarring them all with the same brush Obv.)
    Oh and what a surprise I am a Northerner.
  14. Find your local tax office & go and see them.
    Explain what you did from the various time you were UB40 & between.
    They will then calculate if you are owed anything etc.
  15. Relax. My boots are in the post.